or Connect

Posts by Ava's Mama

Hi there!  My DD is 25 months and I didn't get my first PPAF until 22 months.  I stopped pumping at 16 months because DD no longer wanted breastmilk at daycare, just water.  When my AF returned at 22 months, DD had night weaned on her owne 2 weeks prior, so I think that is why it returned.  But since then she is now nursing a couple times at night again (travel, illness, two year molars) and my AF is still around.  Just wanted to share my experience!  Good luck!
Hi Mamas!  I am 9 DPO here.  I am temping, but I don't have enough experience to know if the chart is looking like I might be prego or not!  I am hoping to wait until I am a week late to test which would be around the 13th, but I am already paranoid about every little thing meaning I am prego. I am having a little cramping today, but I had similar symptoms at this time last cycle.  I guess I won't know for another week or so if I stay strong!  According to FF we did DTD...
Thanks so much for your insight!  I printed out Dr. Jay Gordon's instructions and I am planning on starting on Monday.  DD has a toddler bed in our room that she sleeps in for about half the night and then she normally ends up in bed with us.  She and I are both sprawlers so full time co-sleeping is tough.  I feel better now that I have a plan that I will be in control of rather than my DH and I fighting over him wanting her to cry it out!!  Good luck to you and I will...
Thank you for posting this -   My Dd is 25 Months and has always been a poor sleeper.  She is still waking up at least 2 times a night on a good night and I am so tired of it!  She slept through the night from Thanksgiving into January and then stopped due to illness, travelling, an ill mama, and then traveling and another illness.  So...I know she can do it!!  Anyways, I am curious about this jay gordon method.  Is this from a book he wrote, or is it something I can...
My DH and I are going to a wedding in California at the end of April.  We are bringing DD with us because I don't want to be away from her over night, especially across the country (we live in Maine).  My DH is in the wedding so we have a rehearsal dinner and then the wedding the next evening.  So, we are planning on hiring a sitter to hang out with DD so that we can partake in the activities at night.  The lovely bride has provided me with a phone number of a potential...
Hi Everyone! Congratulations to all you BFPs!  I started temping this month and according to FF I Od on Sunday, so I am 3 DPO.  We DTD Sat, Sun and yesterday, so I think we may have gotten the timing right.  I am not going to test until I am a week late for my period, I wasted way too many tests last month! 
Hi everyone.  My AF finally ended...it is so long (5-7 days), before having Dd it was 2-3 days and really light!  Anyways, I am waiting to O.  I just started temping two days ago.  I thought it would be hard to do, but a friend suggested keeping it under my pillow and that has worked out and my DD hasn't stollen it yet!  Good luck to all you 2WW-ers!    
Sorry, another update.  I got AF this evening, on CD 35.  At least I know what is going on!  So you can move me to waiting to O.  Not that I will have any idea when to expect it with these silly cycles.  I guess we will just try to DTD every other day and go from there!  Good luck everyone!
I am on CD 35 here...took another test today and still negative.  Also had a tiny bit of spotting, so I don't know if AF is on its way or if it is something else.  I don't know if I am pregnant or if the month of sick toddler nursing all day and night has messed up my cycle.  Only time will tell I guess.  I was much more patient before I got my PPAF, I was so used to not getting it and not worrying about it.  Now I can't stop thinking about it!
Hi there...I am TTC while nursing as well.  My DD just turned two.  I got my first PPAF in December, so I have had two full cycles, each 27 and 28 days.  Now I am on CD 34 and still testing negative.  My nipples were super sore about a week ago, but not so bad now.  I feel really tired, but I am not sure if I am just paranoid and this is how tired I always am being a mom of a young child!  Anyways, I have also had mild cramping on and off the past week or so, but again...