or Connect

Posts by Ava's Mama

My DD is 21 months and last month she was in this awful stage of being cranky all the time, wanting to be held all the time, nursing all the time and having ENORMOUS, flailing fits all the time, and sleeping like crap.  I was exhausted and scared to death that this was how she was going to be as a toddler.  After talking to a number of people...from friends to her pediatrician I did a few things  that seemed to help because now she is almost back to normal... I try to...
I am nursing my 21 month old DD and I still haven't had mine return yet.  I work 4 days a week.  On days I am with her she nurses 4-6 times during the day and 1-3 times at night.  I definitely have some sort of hormonal cycle going on (bloating once week, cravings the next, sensitive teeth and feeling skinning again the next), but I don't take time to keep track of it!  DH would like me to be pregnant sometime soon, but not sure how to do that without my period!
My sil is a dental hygienist. She got Her son to literally throw his paci in the trash in a week by poking holes In it with a needle!! Good Luck!
Try milk share... http://milkshare.forumotion.com/forum.htm I donated to two women using this website. They have a national forum and forums fer each state where you can post "Milk Available". It could lead to a local pick up or in my situation a woman actually shipped me a cooler with dry ice and paid for return shipping. Hope this helps!
I have been ECing my daughter part time since 11 months. I rarely have a poop in a diaper, typically only if she goes during a nap for some off reason. Pees are a little harder to catch. When we are home she is mostly bare bottomed, but last weekend I started keeping her naked ALL the time except naps and bed time. Over the four day weekend she did pretty well, had more hits in the potty each day. But it is completely based on timing (and it is VERy obvious when she needs...
I have been ECing my daughter part time since 11 months. I rarely have a poop in a diaper, typically only if she goes during a nap for some off reason. Pees are a little harder to catch. When we are home she is mostly bare bottomed, but last weekend I started keeping her naked ALL the time except naps and bed time. Over the four day weekend she did pretty well, had more hits in the potty each day. But it is completely based on timing (and it is VERy obvious when she...
So, if you don't have a cycle while breastfeeding without a period, that means that all the nursing mama's who never had a period happened to catch the first egg? That is pretty amazing!
Yeah, the past two nights I have noticed a change that she only woke up once at 3am and went back to sleep easily after nursing and slept till 5:30. The previous couple of weeks she was basically nursing constantly from 3am until 7 or 8, in and out of sleep. So, maybe we are making progress. When I put her in her crib awake she completely freaks out, so just saying I will be back won't satisfy her. When hubby isn't there I basically have to pat/rub her back for a...
My 18 Month Old DD over the past couple of weeks has developed a new pattern. From about 10 months up until about a month ago, I was able to put her down awake (most nights) and she would go to sleep without fussing. Over the past couple of weeks she suddenly increased her nursing frequency from 4-6 times per day (including nighttime) to 10-20 times per day (like a new born). She is going down for naps and bedtime for everyone else but me. I am not sure what I should...
I have been part time ECing my DD since she was 11 months old. From the beginning poop was an easy catch. Over the past couple months she has been doing really well. The only time I would have a poop in a diaper would be if she pooped in the car seat, during nap etc, when I didn't have quick access to her. Pees have been a little trickier. I was so excited a month ago when we went away for a long weekend and I only had to use 2 diapers during the days, while at other...