or Connect

Posts by lovepiggie

I was wondering if there are any good books on what to expect in the toddler years.. Especially in the transition from baby to toddler. I've never really been around children, so I'm not sure what to look for. What games/songs/activities at what ages? I just don't know! I threw out my "What To Expect in the First Year" book because I found it outdated and offensive... so if anyone can recommend a book that is more AP-friendly, that would be great!
I'm still here! I'm not sure when DS counts as a toddler... It seems he is too old to be a baby, and too young to be a toddler... It's a tough age!
Quote: Originally Posted by Mom2M I was looking at that site because it looked good at first but they have more info on each product and they still have chemicals. Food coloring in the bath bombs, sodium stearate, propylene glycol and sodium lauryl sulfate in the soap, etc... I know these things are widely used but I usually look at this site http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/ing...ngred06=706110 for the review of the chemicals used in skin/hair products...
I just wanted to say that it's probably from soap particles too! And, you can get fun, more natural bath bombs from Lush! http://www.lush.ca/shop/products/bath/bath-bombs/ No dinosaurs, though..
I've been very lucky, in that I have a mom who supports my decisions. She may not always agree with them, and I know she worries about some of them (non-vaxing), but she trusts me to do my research, knows that I am not doing things becasue of some 'fad', and supports me when talking to others. But I agree with a pp who said that your mother needs to know that this is YOUR time to parent. YOUR child, YOUR choices. And she needs to respect them! Especialy things like not...
Quote: Originally Posted by is it puppies? ditto- DD id a side sleeper so she started leaking out of her BG3.0s. I researched and have ordered 2 nightweight dancing bears, but they must be hung up in customs because there's no sign of them yet- I hate customs I think I'm going to order the dancing bears too! I went to their website, and this is on the front page.. "Dancing Bears will be closed from September 28 through mid...
We started with "Milk", and waited for a while...Then slowly introduced more - "Cat", "Diaper", etc. He first started signing around 6 months, and started talking at the same time. Now he is 13 months... He knows about 40 signs, and about the same amount of words... But he learns them so easily and quickly now! I would really encourage you to try this. I can tell he's excited when he is able to communicate something to us, and even though I understand all his baby...
Here is a recipe my friend sent me in the mail today! Avocado Banana Rice Mash -250 ml cooked white or brown rice -1/2 avocado, mashed 1/2 banana, mashed -3 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce In a bowl, stir together rice, avocado, banana, and applesauce... Sounds pretty tasty to me!
Sigh. I feel envious of all you ladies! Since the birth of DS (13 month old), DH and I..have yet to DTD. We've tried several times, and it has been incredibly painful for me. I had 3 degree tearing, and was stitched up, so I don't know if that's the cause or what. DTD was never really comfortable beforehand, and now it's just unbearable.
I was infamous for doing that same thing as a child! My mom would always wait until the last minute before making me a costume. I agree with some other PPs though. Get him a white sheet, and let him make his own mummy costume. I would help, because it would be a fun family activity, but don't do it all on your own and don't invest too much money into it. Also, I'd love to see pictures of the chocolate costume! I went as a cookie one year