or Connect

Posts by kanga2roo

Oh I got so excited that I had a quick response...
PLEASE help me with Waldorf! I am trying to decide which resources to use with my son, who will be a first grader in the fall. I have OM currently, but am still searching. I have some books ( waldorf- a family guide, heaven on earth...) but I still have so many questions and would appreciate anybody's btdt opinions....thanks in advance! - Is there a resource that compares waldorfy programs to each other? Like this will tell you how to do your teaching in blocks, why you...
I am trying to decide which resources to use with my son, who will be a first grader in the fall. I have OM currently, but am still searching. I have some books ( waldorf- a family guide, heaven on earth...) but I still have so many questions and would appreciate anybody's btdt opinions....thanks in advance! - Is there a resource that compares waldorfy programs to each other? Like this will tell you how to do your teaching in blocks, why you should, etc, and this book is...
Books 1-4 are the ones for first grade. There aren't any teacher manuals.There are 1/2 books, which give more practice if needed before moving on. ( book 1 1/2 is the same as book one, using c-v-c words.) The company that makes etc has lots more resources. You might want to get a catalog- you can request one on their site. They have reading programs/spelling/grammar, etc. I've used many of them and have yet to find one I didn't like. hth's
My ds loves quadrilla and keva planks. We also have a good supply of art stuff and a small table. I think those chair hammocks are great and would do that here if we had the space...
My six year old kindy kid is using the second grade. He reads years ahead of his grade level and wasnt at all interested in one letter a week. There is a big jump from the first grade program to the second, imo. Remembering that it is waldorf-inspired ( people argue that point, I know) I have tried to continue with the grade one/kindy crafts . I have also tried to use stories more appropriate for a younger child. There is no need to rush, and in fact I like the idea of a...
Try to get it used! On naturalmamabarter,mamabarter,the oak meadow yahoo group, and wwww.oakmeadowseconds there are always things available. Also, you can see lessons on the website to get an idea of where your kids would be, which stories were done when , etc. their grades actually align well with our local public school as far as topics studied/books covered.Of course, the program is VERY different so you won't find lots of writing/reading but will have a good balance of...
I use it and like it. I don't love it, and feel it needs some supplementing, but something about it really resonates with me. Ds LOVES it. He is 6 and we are just now beginning grade 2 with him because the lower grades just weren't a good fit. If you want info I would join the yahoo group. Also, you can often get materials second hand which can save a ton. I don't know anything about the older grades, but there is often discussion on the group. Also, I think many people...
No. We waited. Everything I read about meds was controversial, and it is less likely to conceive while nursing and we wanted the best possible chance, we decided to focus on our baby that we had waited so long for. Good luck with this decision...
You might want to check out EPS Educator Publishing services. They are the makers of Explode the Code,which is great, and they also have tons of resources for grammar, beginning reading and reading strategies, etc. I've used a lot of their materials and have really loved them all. You can request a catalog online...hth