or Connect

Posts by kanga2roo

I don't think there is anything more important than your child's health and happiness. They want to be home with you- so that is a huge plus. They are old enough to have some say, I would think. There are so many ways to help them with their education. Book learning is just one facet. You can expose them to many experiences and search for curriculum that would be a good match for them. My only concern would be finding out for sure that they could continue with the...
This is so timely! I was thinking of making some jars of this for gifts. Would it work? Any storage ideas or other suggestions? Thanks!
Does anybody have one? Anything? Thanks!
  We are trying it again. We used it briefly a few years ago and did one full unit, but tweaked it. I found it lacking in many areas. We kept ds's work in a sort of main lesson book also, because despite the name I thought it had a LOT of pages/workbook type stuff. (I'm not necessarily against that, but ...) That enabled us to glue in his dictated stories, some of the pages we chose to do, and such and keep in it one place.It was not a program that had everything, or...
You might want to get her to the pedi for an ear check. If the crying is happening with laying down it could be that her ears are hurting her. Shifting fluid or ear block can be frustrating and painful. I hope she feels better soon
There is no way that a class would not be disrupted by parents dropping in! Not only would it likely be difficult for the child when Mom left, but also many other little ones would then want their Mom. It takes a lot of work, particularly in first grade at the beginning of the year, to develop a classroom routine. Whether or not the teacher is directly teaching to the whole group, a small group, individual child or not directly teaching at all in the moment you were to...
It is impossible for us to judge whether or not you "should" discuss your concerns with the Mom, as you originally asked. Only you are in a position to judge your friend(ship) and whether or not you are comfortable and could do it in a compassionate way. But...in a later post you said you thought you should and were asking how.... Do you have any experience with children with special needs? Have you ever approached a similar situation before? I would just try to...
Quadrilla is a big hit here. Books, bike, keva blocks and knex.
What type of free preschool are you thinking of? Does your child have special needs? He may qualify for a public school program if he does....
You sound like me two years ago! Relax Maybe you could add in a few minutes a day of something more traditional as far as skills. We loved explode the code, and doing it for just a few minutes a day can help with reading/spelling. Starting with Get Ready for the Code ( A,B, and C) teaches letter sounds and printing. Books 1+ are for blending. In our school system abc are used in kindy and 1-4 are the first grade books. I loved blending lots of things together to...