or Connect

Posts by elsanne

Agreed--bunch of economic and political nonsense, if you ask me! Glad it's over!
Oh, mama, I'm so sorry! I think the age your children are is one of the hardest ever. Just, everything about it. all the best to you today.
Sorry to hear that, Louise. Sounds like a run-of-the-mill North American, unfortunately. It *IS* strange to have one's country be bashed (I'm U.S., married to a Mexican, living in Mexico). Now, I'm down with a little U.S.-bashing-for-sport, but it always comes down to, so WHY did you pick ME if you are so anti-u.s., I tell him. He can't answer that. Venezuela is a fabulous country, I would live there in a hot second. And I have to say that quality of life is...
Most people use sposies here and I agree that don't bother buying huggies--get the cheapo brand, they're fine.
Just recently my 4.5 year old started to suck her thumb or fingers or anything after I detached her from the breast (she still has a nightcap tandeming with lil sis) and if I stopped her doing that, she'd start picking her lip where it's dry. It seems like it soothes her somehow, and I'm wondering a) why does she need soothing now, when nothing in her life has changed? b) is this age-appropriate and normal, does it start at some point and then go away later? and c) how...
I'm here! I'm here! Haven't posted in some time but I - am - here! Dancin' like a maniac. Much to share! Most exciting thing at the moment: OPENING MY OWN STUDIO!!! Any great name ideas? Must be: --pronounceable in Spanish --have coolness dripping from it --goddess stuff welcome --short n sweet I'm thinking about Ghaziya, plural of ghawazee. I like it, but it's kind of strange in Spanish. Just a bit. So, lots of construction and money (outflux)...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamazee I grew up with an alcoholic father. This must be why kids never played at my house. :
a) Read "Protecting the Gift" by Gavin DeBecker. b) Do worry about tact--but only for a minute, and think how much worse you'd feel if "the bad thing happened". That's what the book above says--at the expense of being liked, protect your child. c) I feel very much for you. I haven't run across this yet but it's only a matter of time...I'm trying to think of ways to tell your daughter so that she learns, (it's not okay to drink alcohol all the time, but without...
Wow, what great information! Thanks for all the links, I have my homework cut out for me now. I REALLY appreciate your taking the time to put these together. I am mind-boggled about the idea that cavities could go BACKWARD. I thought the damage was done, so to speak. And, I didn't know there was a whole dental forum!
Because it was fashionable among the health-food-store-going crowd, I "quit" fluoride in my toothpaste. At the same time, I went to Guatemala for two years, where there is no fluoride in the water. During that time in Guatemala, I took better care of my teeth than I ever had, and I came out with 5 cavities--after having had none my whole life. Recently I read that a friend of mine uses fluoride toothpaste for her kids for this very reason which has thrown me into a...