or Connect

Posts by fwlady

I am wondering why something that I came to terms with 14 yrs ago is whipping my arse still when it happened again 8.5mos ago? We'll never know if either were truly necassary, although I have 2 blessings from it all. I am not a vain person, so the physical scar, twice cut, doesn't compare to the emotiional ones beneath. I had 6 natural blessings between, shouldn't that be enough? I made it 15 yrs and 6 babies before it happened again, can't I remember that? Why do I...
TY ladies sooo much!! I know this is suppose to be no spam, but it is a giveaway. If you hit the Like button, then you can enter the drawing for a FFS, actually totally free cause shipping isn't required, KBD diaper in my cart. The drawing isn't made until noon on 9-16. Kymberli
Sorry, again, for being slow on the draw here. I have been UBER busy. LOL I like that word. I was told to try bamboo, but it isn't as tough in the washer and dryer that cotton is. My cotton even recommends gentle wash, but I have been using the hottest water and drying, and they have fared just fine. The great part about the yarn diapers, is that once they are totally wet from the machine, the weave opens up and they get clean SOOOO easy. I have hand washed mine on...
Quick update, I switched to a bulky organic cotton yarn and a bulky cotton chenille yarn. I have pics on my FB under Knotty Bottom Diapers, and of course, my dipes are on Hyena Cart now. I have pics on my MySpace too. Look at FB, that is easy to find. Kymberli
Very cute!
Sorry to MIA so long ladies. Thanks! I have been busy trying to get things done, but I did manage to make a hat out of the fiber that my 2 daughters carded and spun. One is carding, the other spinning. I have pics on FB; www.facebook.com/knottybottomdiapers We have a ton of it dyed for carding (since dying fiber is a LOT easier than yarn). The girls are impatient with the process. I may just have to do some trades and what not. I was going to trade with my sister, but she...
TY ladies! Well, my DD was so anxious to get her hands into it. So, we took some pics, as an online friend wanted to see it. Not sure if she wants to do a trade or not. And, we began washing some of it tonight. We got a bag of dark grey done and a bag of the beige and white done. Just before we were going to take it out to the trampoline to dry overnight, it start thundering. So much for THAT idea! LOL I told DD that I would really like to skirt and wash them all as...
I am absolutely giddy with excitement!! I got my box 2 days early, and how I ended up with it, is still somewhat a mystery. My stepmother's younger sister has a ranch. She has some regular animals and then some rescues. Llamas and alpacas. She has had a few babies just recently. About 6 mos ago, right after I had learned to knit, I mentioned to my mom that I would love to buy some of her wool yarn. She said that she sends it off and a lady knits it up. Then, I got...
the other idea would be to just roll them up and put them inside a cover. They are probably too big to do that, but you could cut them in half, serge or zigzag those edges and just use them to fold into covers. You can easily use them to put on the insides of new fitteds you make. just cut them down the seams and fold and/or cut them again if needed. Or you can cut them into thirds horizontally, then the thicker part is in the bottom of your fitted, where they need more...
I haven't posted in this forum, although I have been knitting for 7 mos now, I think. I just learned how to knit, although I had tried twice before. Third times a charm Anyway, I had been doing longies, then shorties, some socks, that kind of thing. But, then I have been working on fitted DIAPERS. I am also trying to perfect a pre-fold diaper. I FINALLY found the perfect yarns, and found a wholesaler, sort of, to make them more affordable. Because it takes a lot of...