or Connect

Posts by TortelliniMama

We really like Shaunon Moten at Harmony Dental in Plainsboro (which is Middlesex County, I think, but right by us in Mercer). She does kids and adults. My kids are, uh, not easy , and she's great with them.
If you ever light candles at meals, a fan can get really annoying. We have a ceiling fan in our kitchen, and it screw with the gas burners if we have it on while cooking.
It may help to try different positions for nursing for a while. If you can find a way to hold her (or not, as in having her lying down and being on all-fours over her) so that the tooth isn't hitting the same injured spots, that can give the wounds time to heal. Remember that she can't be actively nursing and bite at the same time, because her tongue should be over her lower jaw when she's nursing. Some moms find if they pay careful attention (which means you can't...
Quote: Originally Posted by sophiesgrandma My dil was worried about having to move the baby to another room as the heat would be unbearable from no ac. I would really have a problem with leaving a baby to sleep alone in a room that I would find unbearable to sleep in. Not that I would be hunky-dory with unbearable heat for the baby if I were in there, too, but it would be less weird and less dangerous. I agree with the PPs that the...
Quote: Originally Posted by gbailey So I'm not the only one who watches SVU wondering how on earth the episode went from being pretty good to just getting more and more stupid by the minute? And also hoping each episode means the end of Detective Benson? LOL Well, you know, at least Benson wasn't the one in the last episode saying, "Oh, I know how it must feel to lose a child, because my boyfriend dumped me!" Uh...what?? On the other hand, she...
Quote: Originally Posted by gbailey They should have kept this show and cancelled Law and Order: SVU instead. I was *just* saying this to dh!
She might have an umbilical hernia. That's when there's an opening in the abdominal wall and the intestines poke the belly button out a bit. It's not a problem, just a little odd looking. If that's it, it will almost certainly clear up in the next few years. Ds2 had one, and it went away sometime around 3 months or so. (BTW, don't listen to anyone who advises you to tape coins over it. That was the advice years ago (my parents did it with my brother's umbilical...
I've gotten lots of these remarks, too. Ds2 was 18.5 pounds at 2 months, and 25 pounds at 6 months. How could I argue with, "Wow, he's big!" I figure most people are just making conversation. It's not like they can compliment his poetry or how well he ties his shoes, yk? I suppose they could remark on his babbling... If I get a vibe that they're feeling at all judgy about his size, I just make sure to be very outwardly confident and say something like, "Yep, he's...
Somehow I've kept missing these threads! I guess I keep coming into LWAB when the thread isn't on the first page. Simon is still quite the chub. He was a couple of ounces shy of 25 pounds at his six month appointment. I *think* he might be starting to slow down in weight gain now that he's moving a bit more. I seem to be fastening the velcro on his diapers a little tighter. He likes solids in general, although we're pretty relaxed and casual about offering them...
With my kids, I think your mil's plan would result in a baby who periodically decides, "Hey, let's play that 'No, no, no!' game!"