or Connect

Posts by gen24

thanks for the support. Nothing has changed, I'm still on bedrest and it's BORING.
Last night at midnight, I woke up to go to the bathroom and noticed there was about 1-2 tbs of blood in my underwear (kinda like a period). I started really freaking out when I couldn't feel my baby move. Called the midwife and she told me to go to the nearest hospital right away (which is THE WORST hospital around to have a baby). I started feeling the baby move a bit in the car on my way over so I was relieved. Anyway, to make a long story short, the nurse "thought" I...
I don't host any exchange students, but I just wanted to say that over 10 years ago, I was one at 17 years old. It was extremely difficult, but overall, the experience was great and I ended up meeting my husband My host family and I didn't get along that well (it's hard being in a new family at 17 with new rules) so I didn't keep in touch, but I am forever greatful that they let me be a part of their home for a whole year.
34 weeks and still nursing 3-4 times a day. I thought he would wean at the beginning of my pregnancy because I had no more milk, but he is LOVING the colostrum now so we will be tandem nursing for sure. I'm just a little scared he will want to nurse every time he sees the baby nurse
Ok...mine is a little ridiculous: "The day you deliver, outside will be cloudy. Your baby will arrive in the evening. After a labor lasting approximately 48 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 15 pounds, 8 ounces, and will be 16-1/2 inches long. This child will have dark hazel eyes and a little patch of black hair". 48 hour labor and a 15 pound kid Please, tell me that won't happen
I just found out that midwifes in US do not carry an intubation kit with their equipment to a home birth (unlike some other countries like Canada). Since my husband is a paramedic and has training and experience using it, should he bring it home for the birth? Do you think it is totally unnecessary?
Still nursing my 25 month old about 3-4 times a day. The "squeeze test" has also shown me that I've been producing something for the past few weeks (I'm in my 27th week now) but it still hurts a little when he nurses. I wasn't expecting to tandem nurse and I have to admit i'm getting a little nervous about it. I don't really know anything at all about tandem nursing. Maybe I should start reading about it...
I'm so very sorry for your loss
Just wondering if anyone has the dry blade container for grain grinding. Is it worth getting. I've been making flour with my wet blade and it works ok but I'm thinking I might get a finer flour with the dry blade? Also, is there any advantage in getting a grain mill?
DDCC- With my first, my water broke at 39 weeks at 9pm. I was sitting on the couch and typing on the computer. 2 days later...still no contractions. I decided to go to the hospital to be induced