or Connect

Posts by gen24

count me in too!!
I experienced this (8-9 day LP) but I think it was related to the fact that i was still breastfeeding. I didn't spot throughout my cycle though. I tried the B6 for 1 cycle and it brought my LP to 10 days. Since I'm not very patient, I started taking vitex on top of B6 and got pregnant right away. It's a good thing you get it checked out by a GP though I'm not sure if they are very knowledgeable about charting and LP defect...(even my OB didn't seem to understand my chart)
Some say you need a LP of at least 10 days for implantation but some say 12 days. You might have already tried but I have heard that vitamin B6 can increase your LP length if that is the problem. When I realized that I had problems conceiving while bfing, I took B6 and Vitex and I guess it worked because I got pregnant right away. Good luck to you!
Is it possible you have a short LP? It's very common when nursing
The other day, I tried to lift something and for a second, it felt like something was about to come out of my abdomen...kind of hard to explain but it was the weirdest feeling ever. Now everything seems back to normal, but I'm afraid it will happen again. Did this ever happen to any of you? What did you do about it?
I could have written this post. I also plan on refusing it but not really sure how to bring it up. I think I will bring my midwife an article that I read about it that pretty much says it is an unnecessary test. Here is the link: http://www.childbirthconnection.org/pdfs/gecpc3ch11.pdf it comes from "A Guide to Effective Care in Pregnancy and Childbirth"
I have read before that it is ok to consume raw yolks from pastured chicken but to avoid eating raw yolks from conventionally raised chicken. But what about organic "free range" eggs from the store? I usually try to buy pastured eggs but it's not always possible so I often buy Organic Valley eggs or Trader Joe's organic "free range" eggs. Do you think it's risky to consume raw yolks from these eggs when pregnant? And one more question...why is it that conventionally...
And I have no idea where he got his statistics either, because everything I read suggests that if you have placenta previa in the first trimester, your chances of having it at birth are around 1-2% not 40% And my midwife said that in the first trimester, it shouldn't even be called "placenta previa" but a low lying placenta because it is way too early for a diagnosis like that. Anyway...sometimes doctors are ridiculous and I can't believe I fell for it and got all nervous.
Thanks everyone for the reply...I'm never seeing that doctor again. I don't even know what kind of doctor he was. He just came in for a few minutes after the tech did the US to tell me the results. From now on, I'm transferring my care to my homebirth midwife. I should have done that from the beginning. Thank you...all your comments made me feel a lot better
Ok so I probably shouldn't have but I just got a first trimester screening (at 13 weeks) and all the results came back fine except that the doctor told me he was a little worried about my placenta previa. He said there was a 40% chance that it would remain that way and that I would need a c-section. He also said I needed ultrasounds like every months to make sure it was moving out of the way!!! I was so freaked out until I spoke to my midwife. I'm still scared it will...