or Connect

Posts by ArcticRose

DD turned 3 last month. I am completely fed up with the whole potty training issue. She knows what the potty is for. She knows we want her to pee and poop in it. She can and has done so... a lot. But... she won't do it consistently! Today was a good (bad) example of this. She won't use the potty if she has any clothes on, so she runs around naked all day. She peed in the potty twice this morning, but this afternoon she refused. I asked her to sit on her potty and...
Thank you MrsMike/Funky Little Earthchild for helping me discover this thread! I committed to getting rid of 2012 items in 2012 before I read your blog today, but you helped me find the needed support. I'm a little slow at this, but I've gotten rid of 54 items so far. My goal is to be rid of 200 items per month, which either gets me finished early, or gives me a little wiggle room. Lovely to find you ladies!
I don't have any suggestions.. in fact this is one of the questions I came here to ask. Our DD will be three in less than 2 months and she is completely dependent on diapers. What is really sad is she was doing really good until 5 months ago. Just before her sister was born she decided to stop using the potty and she hasn't gone back to using it yet. If we try naked time, she just pees all over every thing. It's so frustrating because I know she knows how to use the...
Baby is 6 weeks old and DD1 is still driving me nuts! Tantrums and back talk and potty regression. She's back in diapers 24 hours a day! AAAAHHHHH!!!! Nothing seems to work.. is she going to be like this forever?
Girl!
Yesterday morning (July 8th, 3 days before DD) at about 3am, I was shifting around trying to get more comfortable in bed, when my water broke and flooded my bedroom, lol. I got up and pulled off the sopping bedding and cleaned myself up, then called my midwives to let them know. (which they had asked me to do) I wasn't having any contractions, but I was too excited to sleep. I eventually laid down for a while to rest, knowing I would need to save my energy for...
Yep. My DD woke at least once a night for one or two hours, sometimes two or three times per night, until I cut eggs out of her diet. She had ZERO other signs of egg intolerance. She still gets trace amount of eggs (in baked goods, etc.) but no more eggs for breakfast! It's been almost a year since we cut eggs out and we have reintroduced them a couple of times, each time with the same result: she goes right back to waking up for two+ hours at night.
Wow! What an abrupt entry into the world! Congratulations on the new member of your family! Take the NICU stuff one thing at a time, you will get through it, even if it feels like an eternity, and you'll soon be home with your beautiful baby boy. Oh, and don't forget to take care of yourself! It's easy to forget, in the confusion and strain of NICU stuff, that you've just had major surgery. But you need to recover so you can take care of him when you get home. Take...
What a beautiful story! Thank you so much for sharing. I can only hope my birth goes as smoothly! Congratulations Mama, and welcome Cosima Rose!
I had a completely intervention free pregnancy with my first... right up until I went into labor at 32 weeks. Within a few hours we went from intervention free to c-section, what I consider the ultimate intervention. Was I disappointed? Absolutely! I was also extremely happy that things worked out as well as they did. We had a healthy baby girl and that was all that really mattered. The time in the NICU was so hard, but again.. we went home eventually with a healthy...