or Connect

Posts by babymommy2

I've tried a few differnt ways of organizing out afterschool/ after supper time, but nothing has really worked well yet.   When and how many times/week do you do homework? When do you do music or other practise. why does it work for you then? do you do homework right after school or have some down time first? What time do you have supper?  What do you do on the nights you have activites?
I love that it is a public school so they meet and learn to get along with all differnent kids of people.   It is a large enough school to have dedicated teachers for gym, music, etc.   I love the social aspect to school. Things have been going well.   so far (4 years in) they have had really great teachers.   I love that they will have a common experience with the vast majority of people in our society.  That might sound weird but, by this I mean that...

I have to say I am suprised. I also provide BF support in teh home as an RN through our local health department and I have never seen anyone bring their child to work, nevermind a home visit. There is no policy around it, it is just understood that no one whether nurse,dr, OT, SLP, reception, security guard, or any occupation within the entire healthregion, community or hospital bring a child to work. I have worked for 3 different health regions in 2 provinces and have...
This is our first week back to school for my children and the start of their actiivties and my first week in school in years and years. The week has not gone quite as I hoped. I am looking for practical advice about what worked for you /didn't work when combining school with parenting. I have 2 in school and 1 at home and I am going to school online so I have flexibility there, but also need the discipline to find the time.   did you sneak in studying when the kids...
I would say you should see them the same amount of time that you expect your husband to spend time with your family, assuming you live in the same community.   It is totally normal for a 5 and 7 year old boy to not be that interested in a 6 month old baby. They will be more interested once your baby is a toddler and they can teach he things. My 6 and 8 year old play with my 2 year old now, but at 6 months a baby is pretty boring. They would have a few minutes of...
 In most of Canada, at least western Canada, there is no such thing as junior and senior kindergarten. There is just kindergarten followed by grade 1 etc. It is up tp school divisions what they can afford to pay for, so usually there is no  preschool or what you would call junior kindergarten. Some school divisions do have it, but usually it will be just in certain schools, typically low income schools. for pretty much everyone else,  you either send your child to ...
I don't get it either.
someone in another thread mentioned that they have a prescreened queue on netflix. How do you make up a queue like that. i cant find anything on there that would stay there permanently. the lists of shows are constantly changing and it seems like what was watched most recently dictates the suggestions they give.
My kids like Totoro. It is the complete opposite of scary and intense. mykidslove action, but even though totoro is not like thqt at all it still holds their interest. they like the cat bus.   I suspect if you watch some old movies you thought were great as a child, with adult eyes, they will look a lot less pure! Old movies are fully of inuendo, violence too. Just think of the old bat man show (1960's), my kids like it, somone is always about to be cut in half with...