or Connect

Posts by babymommy2

I hve a 2 year old so I don't like them. I did buy a few boy themed ones for treat bags and my son was horrified, as only girls like them. He is 8 and did not want them for his birtday party
It wouldn't be for me. 5 bedrooms leaves 3 bedrooms for 5 kids. That would be hard enough for 5 kids who are siblings, let alone non siblings. What do you do as they get older and all want their own space?
    I agree with this. I think it is mean. Not for child, as he is only 2 and doesn't know the difference anyways, but certainly mean for the grandparents, close friends. Just think how you would feel if you were a grandma and you picked out this amazing toy that you thought your grandchild would love and it totally fit your gift appropriate values and then your child said, no way only we get to get him anything.     There are always threads like this on here and I don't...
I would guess that they were all first time moms who haven't figured out yet that the world does not revolve around their precious one and only. Even if it was the type of playground that has one big kid and 1 little kid section, at 3 you should definatly be able to play in the little kid section. It's not like there were a goup of  8 year olds tearing around playing tag. I understnad how you feel. I belonged to moms group at one point and I was the only one with a 2...
we moved to a new community where IB is not an option until high school, so in the end we are at a public school. Now  a few years in I can see that each year there is a bit of a different focus on method, based on the teacher. for example in g rade 1 the teacher is very into hands on science, so it was great! The class was full of animals all the time. Science incorporated into everything. Other teachers have been good too, but in different ways. The other thing I have...
As someone who gives shots, most of the time when families come in the siblings are in the room. Sometimes if a parent is worried a child will be particulariy upset they have the child wait outside , but this is rare. When immunizing more than one sibling at a time, usually it is best to do the most anxious child first, then it is over and done with. Sometimes parents will say let the non anxious child go first so the anxious child can see that it is not so bad, but...
I like this book:     http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/Whats-Going-There-How-Brain-Lise-Eliot/9780553378252-item.html?ikwid=what%27s+going+on+in+there%3f&ikwsec=Home   the book is all development It is not so much a list of ages and stages though. Instead each chapter covers  a develpmental area like hearing, speech, gross motor, etc, and discuss' how and why and what is happening for the first 5 years. It is fascinating. Way more indepth than a list .  It...
lego  except for those under 3     if youa re really antiplastic then i would say unit blocks, except beond age 8 or so they are not really going to be interested in those too much.   It is pretty hard to find a toy that will appeal or be safe to all ages, I think you have to go with what will appeal to the widest range. 2-8 at the most for blocks, 3-adult for lego.  My 6 year old will play with unit blocks, mu 8 year old rarely, and thye both tend to use the...
  Agree, either that or possbily the doctor would say that if she/he felt that the patient did not believe or trust him/her, and wanted the person to see someone fresh.
It will all work out. I went back to work full time at 12 months with my first 2, then very part time at 16 months with my third. I didn't wean them in any way prior to going to work. They could all eat solids when I went back, but preferred milk, especially my last, he didn't eat hardly any solid foods until he had to when I was at work. The first 3 weeks or so of full time care my first 2 hardly drank anything all day and made up for it with nursing before and after...