or Connect

Posts by babymommy2

Parenting time is parenting time - kids being sick doesn't mean you can opt out.     I agree    If all three kids were yours and 1 was sick you wouldn't send the other 2 way for the weekend. I think expecting the 2 older girls to stay away from home for the weekend to prevent your baby from getting sick is the same thing as you sending your baby away for the weekend if he was sick so that he wouldn't infect the other 2 when they are over. I doubt you would...
You are not selfish. It sounds like she is immature still and thinks the world revolves around herself. My mom works. I do not ask my mom to take time off of her job to take my kids for 1 day, let alone 10 weeks of full time care! My kids are my responsibility, if I wanted to to something like that I wold have to find someone willing to devote 10 weeks of their life to my kids, which I don't have and therefore would never do. I think most people would not have someone...
I am taking an online course right now and I am having trouble getting it done and would like to hear how others arrange their time. I am supposed to start graduate studies in the fall which will be a lot more intensive that what I am doing right now and i can't seem to manage this one. My plan was to work on it after the kids go to bed at 8:00 but I am just so tired I can't learn anything then. I have had a few half days of work so I thought I'd keep my youngest at the...
I never seem to find the time to get out to buy new clothes. I have really ever bought clothes online before. What are your favorite online clothing stores that ship to canada or are canadian? do you only buy online is you have bpought in store before and you know the size you need?  
no don't tip for a medical massage. you don't tip your doctor or your pharmacist. a medical massage is completley different than a spa massage. It is a different skill set and it is going to feel different.
I'd skip the viewing and only go to the funeral. In my area viewings are typically just family and really close friends so to have an old fiancee from many years ago come would seem a bit odd.
I don't find it that shocking. I have left my chidlren at 5,6,7,8 at theri sports programs alone and just drop off and pick them up, as has every other parent on their teams. Here, programs become "unparented" at age 3. I would find it shocking that at age 9 there would be an expectation that a parent needs to stay with a child at any program. As far as getting there alone, that is different. I wouldn't send my 9 year old to the library alone becasue it is really far,...
is there anyone using singapore math that can tell me if it uses traditional algorythms like adding in columns , long division, time tables ect? I am lloking for a cirruculum to supplement school work. I am getting the sense this one does not use these methods. Can anyone recommend a cirruculum that does?   I'm also looking at jump math. anyone use that that can comment on it?  
how much do you give for allowance and how often do you increase it. Do you base it on age or grade or something else. My 8 year old wants an increase. I am thinking ahead to how much he may need as he gets older as my plan is to add certain things he is responsible for buying as gets older. Right now he gets 2$    
I haven't read the other responses so maybe I am repaeating, but :   this is all conpletely normal! it is fun to run away. she can't think far enough ahead to understand that running away=not goingto the park. You cannot reason with a 21month old, nor even a 2 1/2 year old! I have a 21 month old now who also runs away and loves to spit out food. This is my 3rd chidl. this is what works for me:   When getting dressed  I shut the bedroom door so I only have to...