or Connect

Posts by babymommy2

so if I am reading this right, at any time while at your house the friend grabs the toy, won't give it back when asked by her own parents and then the parents immediatly leave and take your daughter's toy with them!  I honestly thought this was going to be about  preschoolers. Why don't they take they toy away and give it back before they leave? I assume it is becuase they know their daughter is going to throw a great big gigantic fit.  It sounds to me like this whole...
I don't know wha tI would do. my kids have somtimes not wanted to come out, either because they started playing something and were busy with that and they stay until they move on in theri play, or they were mad and didn't want to come out. I say come out when you are ready and it has never been more than 5 minutes.
You are both at different places in your lives. Sinlge vs couple parenting. 2 kids vs 1 kid. Give yourself a break for not being on top of everything your 4 year old is doing when you have a 2 month old. No one is on top of everything with a 2 month old! Your brother and sister in law do not and will not get that becuase they just are not there yet.  I would also try to get outside everyday if you can and let the 3 and 4 year old burn off some engery during the visit....
  good for you to try to continue the friendship even occasioanlly, because that is some weird controlling craziness! Wow! I don't think I could apply all those rules for a playdate, or even remeber half of them, there are so many!
As far as gifts go we do a stocking that is usually a couple of toys and practical things, like some underware, toothbrush and paste, mitts. We will do a santa gift, that is the big one, and then a gift from mom and dad, and usually it is more on the practical side, like clothes and books. the problem I have wiht my 2 year old is that he is the third and they are all the same sex, so we already have a ton of toys and little kid books so don't really need anything, I have...
I wouldn't worry about it. Kids are going to touch all kinds of stuff. At least he didn't eat it!
My oldest is pretty proficient at reading now and complaining that I don't let him use the computer by himself. can anyone recommend software to keep limit what he has access too and that I can keep track of where he goes?
My pots and pans stay shiney unless I burn something. I use a scouring paste on them and they will look like new. My metal silver cake pans don't really get brown, but my cookie sheets and muffin tins look terrible. I used to keep my newest shiniest cookie sheet for just cookie and only use my old ones for meat or greasy things and that helps them stay shiney, but now that one has long since been categorized as old and they all look the same. My casserole dishes get...
I would take the job! at 55 you only have another 10-15 years to work, assuming your health stays well. in 15 years you are going to be 70. What will you do with no savings at 70?
I'm not sure why you would think there aren't a lot of studies done on breastfeeding. There are studies being done on that topic all the time. Just for fun I just now went to CINAHL and searched using the word breastfeeding. There are 5,434 articles in the last 5 years. Infant formula, 1.076 in the last 5 years.   I'd have to agree with the poster who said, lets see a double blind randomized controlled trial, I doubt you'd make a case for its use. But like another poster...