or Connect

Posts by honeybee

One of my knitting friends made the "you're so brave" comment, and I said, "No. Bravery requires fear. I've done my research and I'm not afraid to birth at home, so there's nothing brave about it." She said she'd never thought about it that way, but I was right. ;)
I finally caved and let dh buy a Wii for this Christmas, just so I can do something active indoors with the kids around and hopefully get some exercise. We'll see if it works.   I've never had trouble losing baby weight before (having food-sensitive kids really keeps me in line with what I eat). But right now I've hit a plateau, and it seems like I should be losing more, since I am hungry constantly and am not eating any sweeteners or bread (because of trying to get...
Hugs. I'm sorry you're having a difficult time. That would be worrying.   I have not been able to eat even a little bit of dairy, or caesin or whey when I'm nursing my dairy-sensitive kids. The least little bit will make them upset. So, if you're only "mostly" dairy free, I would go all the way and really be strict about it to see if it makes a difference. I have other friends whose babies reflux was linked to gluten or soy. And the only way to diagnose this is just...
I've been tired, too, even though I'm really getting a lot of sleep considering I have a newborn. I think I need to start taking floradix again.
Babies have different temperaments. Some of them really need more structure and routine, and can get pretty cranky with a lot of changes. Others are really go-with-the-flow and flexible. So, whether you follow a predictable routine or not depends on your family's needs. Many times babies will naturally get into a rhythm where they are napping at a predictible time, all on their own. Others will fight sleep and be really cranky and it helps if a parent becomes more...
Thank you for sharing your story. So traumatic, and yet you were so blessed with all the right people there to help. I think we all need to hear about the good hospital staffs, going above and beyond, because so often we only hear the horror stories. I wish you healing, both physical and emotional.
If she does start getting "colicy" at this point, it would most likely be due to a food sensitivity. My ds2 got more and more fussy as we approached 3 months, instead of better. But once I eliminated dairy from my diet, he was sweet again after 2 days. Most food sensitivities in babies are dairy-related, so it's a good place to start if you run into trouble. I am telling you this in hopes to alleviate your worries. If your dd does get fussy, there will likely be a pretty...
Does he seem uncomfortable at all? Gassy? Fussy? In my experience, food sensitivities can often cause reflux-type of symptoms. I would try completely eliminating dairy from your diet and see if it makes a difference. You would need to do it for a few days to see results, but it has been a night and day difference for my babies with food sensitivities. I know a LOT of people for whom removing dairy has made a big difference. I have been able to notice symptoms a lot...
I think 9 months is a pretty normal time for babies to start to crawl. I think each of mine started somewhere between 7-9 months. Each kid has his/her own timetable, and there aren't really any long-term advantages to crawling or walking earlier. We put Camden on his belly for the first time at 4 weeks, just to get some pictures and he shocked us by pushing his torso way up. He's really strong just from holding himself up in the carrier. He may actually like tummy time,...
When a coworker mentioned she slept with her baby, I busted out with "Aren't you afraid you'll smother him?!"   Mmmm... yeah, guess where all my babies sleep.   And then I also thought dn's various behaviors were due to parenting style... not attached enough. Because she actually included time-outs in her imaginary play, and of course, WE would figure out how to use positive discipline only and have kids who behaved well because they were so attached. Guess whose...