or Connect

Posts by honeybee

Congrats! What a beautiful birth! Now you almost have me ready for my little one to make an appearance!
Quote: Originally Posted by Amila Vax free family here No flu shots for us. But I might have to agree with Cherrybomb about Mercola. something about him rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it is because he sells a hundred billion things on his website to promote his claims? Its a tough call, but I definitely would not get it while pregnant- I don't think it is very effective in general, and unless you can get a thimerosal free version, I think thats taking...
I would probably call to check it out to. And FYI, you can refuse all further internal exams. They really don't tell you ANYTHING productive. It doesn't matter how dilated/effaced you are... all labors proceed differently, and you could be tightly closed up until labor begins, and then have a fast, quick labor (like I tend to do), or you could be hanging out at 4 cm for days.
Quote: Originally Posted by misskira The question I get is "how do you know you're really pregnant?!" because my CNM doesn't schedule the first appointment until 10-12 weeks. "you mean you haven't had a blood test and ultrasound to confirm pregnancy?" well, no. I had sex during ovulation time. I didn't get a period. I still don't have a period. My boobs hurt. I have morning sickness. Aside from the positive pregnancy test I took at home, all...
How's everyone doing? I'm 38 weeks tomorrow and... nope, still not ready. The birth supplies arrived today, at least. But I haven't opened up the box yet. I do plan on gathering all my birth stuff together before my mw appt tonight so my mw can at least see I've accomplished something. Meanwhile, there is too much going on here. The biggest problem is I still have a horrible case of thrush. I've been working with my homeopath, but it's still not licked. I'm...
With both my last two pregnancies, the ILs have made comments along the line of "well, I hope it's a girl so you can stop having kids." As if we're only having more so we can try for a girl. More often, though, we get "are you going to have more?" which I just don't see why it's anyone's business. We're actually leaning towards this being our last, but nothing's set in stone at this point... and shouldn't you wait until after you're out of the pangs of late...
Congrats on your amazing homebirth, thaler_19! I finally got around to ordering my birth supplies Thursday night. They'll be here early this coming week. Just in time, as I'll hit 38 weeks on Wednesday. I don't have any other supplies ready, yet. I did get all the clothes and diapers out to wash... but then we actually had a call for a showing, so I stuffed them back in the totes and put them away so I could quickly get the house cleared out. And we'll probably have a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Honey693 Is anyone else realizing that homebirth is a lot of work? My house is neater now than it ever has been. I feel like I have to keep the house immaculate and the fridge fully stocked just in case. plus between ordering the birth supplies, packing DD's bag, packing a transfer bag for me (just in case) and figuring out what to do with the dog I'm exhausted. My house was a disaster when ds3 was born because I...
What about a homebirth experienced friend who could just come be your informal support? I think some men just can't handle the responsibility of being labor support, especially if they are the sole support. This is our 4th baby, and my dh is a stand-up guy, and he will try everything he can to support me in labor, and he would remember the things I've asked him to do or not to do... but he still gets all tense and anxious whenever I give birth. With ds3 I remember just...
Congrats! Last pg, I was a Sept mama who gave birth on Aug 23.