or Connect

Posts by honeybee

As for drinks, I would just give him water and maybe some herbal tees. I used rice milk for cooking/baking, but the stuff is sooo full of sugar and highly processed that I would NOT use it as a milk replacement, nutritionally. Are you still nursing? If so, or if you think he will start up again once new babe is here, that is all he really needs (you would need to eliminate dairy and soy, too obviously). I would also be really cautious about including the soy lecitin or...
Congrats! I love her name. I'm so sorry her birth experience wasn't all it could be.
The timing on this really does suck. I'm sorry. It can be a tough transition, but it is doable. For awhile, we were dairy/soy/egg/nut free. We really learned to cook all our meals from whole ingredients, and it was a good learning experience for us, and our whole family is better off now. It can be expensive to buy the allergen free processed foods, but if you try to stick to real food naturally soy/dairy free, it is not too bad. Eating out is difficult, though, with...
Well, glad I'm not alone! Naomismom, I still haven't figured out arrangements for the kids, either. I guess I'm just planning on another middle-of-the-night birth where the kids sleep through it... you know, because I have so much control over that! My mom is working constantly and I just don't really want MIL around. If the past is any indication, I won't need much labor support so if the kids are awake, I think they'll be okay with dh, plus we'll have an apprentice...
I had the same mw for #2 and #3, but I switched for this babe. I love my "old" mw, but my new mw is also a friend who lives closer to me (I have quick births). Mw 2 was not in this area when I had #2 (she moved here when #2 was a few months old). And when I was pg with #3, she was pg with her son. But this time around, it was just a better fit for my life/schedule. We have been able to meet up for prenatals at her house or mine while our kids play (old mw has an office for...
I really think UC should be something you are called to do... not an option that should be chosen primarily due to financial factors. Unfortunately, I know that is not always the reality. Good luck on your decision.
I am 37 weeks now, and pretty content to have baby stay put awhile, yet. I actually still need to order my homebirth supplies. I did get the baby clothes and diapers out, but then had to stash the totes back in the garage because we had a showing of the house, so they still aren't actually washed or put away. Actually... we still need to pick up the dresser we'll be using from my mom's house. Plus, I still haven't gotten rid of this awful thrush. I am just not ready...
Oh, that's amazing! What a relief!
Yesterday, I was asked "Are you fat?" but it was by a 5-year-old, so I wasn't too offended. Earlier in my pg, my MIL kept going on about how I must be having a girl because "girls make you ugly" and why did I think my face was so broken out? When I got home, I looked in a mirror and saw I had a few little pimples on my nose, but that was it. I thought I looked fine.
After 2 months of our house being listed, we finally get a showing.... when I am 37 weeks pg. I was really scrambling to get the house cleaned today when a friend called me up and asked if I needed help. She helped me finish cleaning up just in the nick of time.