or Connect

Posts by honeybee

Quote: Originally Posted by Naomismom I am 36 weeks tomorrow and the temperate in my region has really taken a hint from the calendar. As soon as Sept hit, the temperature dropped. I'm now finding myself cold at times (a welcome change from the sweatiness). I have no cold-weather clothes for the remaining 4 weeks though. What are you ladies doing? I refuse to buy more stuff. I still haven't pulled out my winter maternity stuff, because I...
Yay for head down!!
I finally decided to call/pay my homeopath to find a remedy to help me. Hoping it kicks in soon. I've been applying coconut oil to my breast for a bit of relief, maybe I should try it at the other end, too.
My dh is the most hands-on, amazing father. But, yeah, he yells, occasionally uses bad language, and twice (incidents quite spaced apart) he punched holes in the wall. But he has never hit the kids in anger (and I have spanked once or twice in anger, despite my very anti-spanking philosophy, so I can't even say that!), and spends so much time with them, changes diapers, walks wakeful kids to sleep, and is a true parenting partner. Parenting gets stressful, and we...
However you decide to try to time it, I would just prepare for an accidental home or car birth anyways. I think everyone should know the basics of what to do in a precipitous labor. Really, there isn't much you have to "do"... it's more knowing that you don't have to freak out and worry about things like cutting the chord. It's pretty basic... get baby skin-to-skin and keep warm. Don't touch the umbilical chord and let it keep pulsating.
I hope your u/s goes well. I don't want to give you anything else to worry about, but my first two were born at nearly 42 weeks and #3 surprised me by coming at 38.5 weeks. I was expecting another month of pregnancy.
I'm now 35 weeks. This is creeping up on me fast. I had a good mw appointment yesterday. Baby's head down and in my pelvis. Poor kid responded well to the doppler by trying to run away from it... but didn't have any room to go anywhere. I have a massage and chiro appt scheduled for next week, and I think I'm going to do that every week, to have something to look forward to when I'm "still" pregnant from one week to the next. My Blessingway is scheduled for 37 weeks, 3...
Quote: Originally Posted by lkmiscnet I'm confused. I just charted his wt, ht and head circumference percentiles on the WHO charts and he is not off the charts and has no declines. Just a slow trend up. I know that his ped used to mention corrected age and actual age and I think they were tracking both. I don't know what they are tracking now. I forgot to ask. My general understanding is that you use corrected age for milestones, etc up until age...
Quote: Originally Posted by lolar2 Total tangent, but it sounds to me as though the grandmother saw slide-climbing as an etiquette issue. No, I'm pretty sure by her body language she was worried he was going to fall. She didn't look annoyed... just concerned.
Quote: Originally Posted by Llyra I'm a nutcase about car and traffic safety. It's cars that are the number one danger to children in this country, after all, and so I am very comfortable being extremely over-careful about all things related to vehicles. And so many parents of young kids are so extremely casual about car seats, for instance, to the point of breaking the law. And it drives me nuts, because in so many cases that I can think of, the...