or Connect

Posts by honeybee

I don't spend a lot of time worrying about it, no. But, because we are rather out of the mainstream on several issues, I do take a few precautions. We homebirth, cosleep, and ebf (ds1 is 4.5 and still nursing at night). For instance, we have a good, long-standing relationship with our family doctor. Do we need to go to well baby visits? No, but it looks good on paper (and, we just like our doc). Plus, we've participated in a Parents-as-Teachers group since ds1 was small,...
The earlier u/s is going to be more accurate. But, in general, go with the later date, no matter what. You really do not want to end up with all the induction pressure any sooner than you have to. Every day makes a difference when dealing with the medical mindset. Now, if you're planning a hb with a mw who is not under any 42-week restrictions, then it really doesn't matter a hoot what day you "pick" as the EDD. When I was pg with ds1, my date was calculated based on my...
How old is your dd? I know it was harder to get outside w/ the kids when you have a toddler you need to follow around and make sure they don't stuff poisonous berries in their mouths or something. It can also be hard when you have things inside you'd like to get done. And, I'm not too motivated to get out when it's hot, either, since I'm pregnant, too. Luckily, we have a fenced-in backyard, and my kids are now old enough (4.5 and 2), I can send them out to play in it by...
I'm right there with you. I hate the flagrant gender stereotyping. I don't take my kids to the typical retail stores because of the "boy" and "girl" toy aisles (well, I also hate the fact that it's all plastic character junk MIC, too). I have 2 boys. I am dreading getting to the "action figures" stage, as they are all violence-based. I've found the locally owned toy stores to have a lot more gender neutral stuff. I love the PLAN toys, and Melissa & Doug. Ryan's House...
Quote: Originally Posted by LaLaLaLa Oh, man, I had an aaaaawful vaginal birth. Lots of tearing, lots and lots of gushing blood; dh thought I might die right there on the table. My doctor put me under general anesthesia in order to put in all of the stitches, the exact number of which he's never told me. "A LOT," he said when I asked. Moments after dd was born, she was handed off to dh, who had never held an infant before, and every single other...
Well, I have homebirths where the epidural isn't an option anyways, and if I do end up really needing one, it would be a transfer situation, where I doubt anyone would deny me one for not preregistering, kwim? So, no I wouldn't pre-register. That makes it too easy for them to push the drugs on you, and you can be very vulnerable to suggestion in labor.
Quote: Originally Posted by miztrezzlyn My 2nd was born at 10:18 a.m. after an hour labor, 3rd was at 12:53 am after 16 hours of labor and 4th was at 7:06 a.m. after 3 hours of labor. Take that for what you will I seemed to be all over the place as to when labor started and ended. Okay, now you're scaring me! My first was maybe 5 hours, and my 2nd was 2 hours total, so I've been assuming my 3rd will be somewhere in that range... but 16 hours!
With my first I went into labor in the evening, and he was born around 11:30 pm. Ds2 I went into labor at 2 am, and he was born by 4 am.
I'm a bit envious of all those SAHMs on the "do you do this for your partner thread" who seem to be happy and content doing all the domestic chores around the house. I do not like cleaning, cooking, etc. I can make a decent meal, but don't seem to have the energy/organization/foresight to enjoy doing it every night ad nauseum. We do think eating healthy is really important, though, so dh and I take turns cooking and try not to eat out or get fast food, etc. But we do...
I'm sure I would be a wreck if I was as isolated as you seem to be. And no kitchen, eek! You are a much braver woman than I am! I don't know that your difficulties are so much related to SAH as they are to the whole entire lifestyle change. I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. We're actually thinking of making the opposite move you did... we're considering selling our home that's a bit more rural (though not as rural as you are) and moving into the city, so...