or Connect

Posts by craft_media_hero

BTW Josie, your holiday menu looks awesome!
Thanks for sharing the article! Seems like one could nearly host a paleo/grain free holiday dinner without the guests even taking much notice, honestly. They'd just think that's the house recipe for gravy or stuffing, you know? I make a walnut mushroom stuffing that is basically just walnuts, mushrooms, and onions and herbs--I think I could try it with sausage and apples added and it would be a pretty bomb grain free stuffing! I like to roast squash and then fill it with...
I think this: http://www.traditional-foods.com/recipes/roasted-cauliflower/ looks seriously delicious as a side dish, maybe with the bacon roasted Brussels sprouts Recipe I keep seeing around.
We had Thanksgiving with granny and my mother in law hosted. It was fine with the usual foods and sides. MIL does not want to host next year, and the event was so low key that I thought, hey we can handle this at our place next time! So now I'm googling grain free and paleo holiday meal plans and just having fun thinking about the ultimate holiday spread, cave man style! Cheesecake is still ok, though Did you have a grain free holiday meal or are you planning one in the...
So I met with the hosp mw once, and she is really cool--so tha I feel a little guilty about seeing her with thinking that she may not be catching my bebe! Like she brought up lotus birth and seemed really excited and positive about it! And was totally on board with the other things that are importan to me and my hub like water birth, either me or him catching babe, etc. I think she's really a gem of a midwife, but I just can't really see myself deciding to go to the...
Whoa, MyLilPwny! That's crazy! Why? Coz he helps me cook and shoves it into his mouth, and I was wondering what other moms' feedback was. Weighing out to myself is it worth the power struggle/meltdown to make him stop when he's enjoying eating it and helping me cook and won't understand why I'm prohibiting it. Also wondering what the tf crowd's take might be on that versus the more mainstream perspective. I don't actually sit him down and feed him a plate of raw meat ...
Okay, I may be jumping the gun on the whole seasonal turkey thing, but stores here already have them marked down to really low prices. Plus, I'm expecting this winter and feel the need to plan my freezer stuffing attack waaaay ahead, lol. I'm planning on buying a couple turkeys from the hfs when they get marked down, and specifically am looking for freezer feeding recipes that use cooked turkey (since they come frozen, and I won't be able to thaw, cut them up, and...
Hello, I'm expecting my third baby this winter, but my other two were summer blessings! Any tips on essentials for welcoming a little one in the cold season would be greatly appreciated So far, I've got: Long sleeve kimono type tops Long sleeve gowns Babylegs Woolie booties/socks Caps that cover tiny precious ears What else? Especially for cold nights and leaving the house--what did you need/use the most? What did you skip? Not just stuff, too, but also tips on how...
So glad to see responses to this thread! He's done it once more since I posted. Come to think of it, it's pretty much whenever I'm prepping it from a marinade which always has some acid in it. I've enjoyed carpaccio myself but couldn't handle the texture to do tartar! My dd icks out when ds eats raw beef, but I remind her to simmer down because I don't think it's necessarily something we need to discourage, and after all, she's the sushi lover
Hey folks, my dd just started her first week at school an was super excited to go, but it seems to already be turning sour and I'm kinda wondering where to go from here, how to handle, etc. So this is Dd's third day of school EVER (except for kindy), and she has "lost recess" (detention) four times. They get let out into the sunshine once a day for 15 min. basically. She is getting punished not for poor behavior but for 1) not understanding the hmwrk (I didnt get it...