or Connect

Posts by craft_media_hero

I tried doing the wrap or nursing constantly with ds, but my in-laws are incorrigible! My mil would be really right up in my bubble stroking him while we were nursing, and they pretty much would camp out right next to our bed until they got to hold him. And then I would get him back smelling like gramma's perfume. And grnpa smokes and often smells strongly of it What I really want is a private "babymoon" with no visitors unless they are in a support role (doula, dropping...
With my first, we did delayed clampong and cut after the placenta was born; with my second, the same (abt two hrs before cutting) plus encapsulation; this time, I want the whole enchilada--lotus birth and encapsulation We'll see when we get here, though--I've heardit can get awkward toting both baby and placenta. I read Ibu Robin Lim's book about placenta medicine, and it really touched me deeply! I'm looking forward to lotus birth and will delay cutting til it feels...
Dove, have you heard of hands on pumping? Here is a little info on it: [=http://www.leron-line.com/updates/Hands_onPumping.pdf][/] I guess it can increase pumping output up to 50% ! I have definitely noticed a huge dip in supply, and ds' interest has dropped off a lot. He is nursing maybe 3-4/day versus before, not kidding, he was like a newborn and wanted it every hour and a half or so! Plus no night nursing--that was the first to go when I conceived which has been a...
We had shepherd pie using leftover chicken, previously cooked and frozen pinto beans, frozen organic veggies, nutritional yeast gravy, and leftover mashed potato/carrot mix for topping. It was good! Also managed to spread out those leftovers into pie pans, so I have four for the freezer! Whoot! Alongside, we made a huge batch of "spanish" brown rice (first time trying my mom's recipe) using chicken livers, lots of spices, bacon, and tomato sauce--It was my first time...
Dove84 My favorite way to cook a beef roast is in the crockpot, a little tomato sauce on bottom, then the roast, then top with thin sliced onions and chopped carrots and potatoes. I always season the meat before, too. Abt 5 hrs or til meat thermometer says 160. Then you can shred the leftovers with a fork and use it for your dh's samwiches! I am so glad the sns is working for you two! That is great news! As far as pumping, I think the gretest concern is toward the very...
I dread telling my in laws. My mil is really intense and I swear nearly put me into preterm labor last time! But my bely is poppin' out, so its going to need to happen soon. I told dh its up to him to tell them but it irritates me that he will keep pushing it back when I'm very obviously showing (I think so at least!). He is really passive with his fam which was part of the prob last time--he wouldnt lay dwn any boundaries, you know? We are a tad unconventional for our...
Millie, we're in a desert valley in western colorado, near the Utah border. I feel so lucky to live here--it's one of the most beautiful places on earth, and we're surrounded by mountains, rivers, and forested mesas with thousands of tiny lakes hidden in them. BUT the summers are KILLER! It's like I forget every year, lol. At least my tomato plants are loving it, as long as I keep them watered Katealicia, I haven't heard of lunchopolis--I will definitely check that out....
Artemis, that pate sounds really good! I will have double the meat (I cooked it all) I need for the rice recipe, so I maybe will make pate with the rest or hold it back for " cave man chile". Here's my niggling question of food safety doubt: I received the bag of organs at about noon, but my kitchen was in the middle of major apricot processing, so I couldnt deal with it right away. I stuck it all in the fridge (still in it's fresh butcher water or whatever liquid it...
So here is my funny follow up and a recipe from my mom: Last night, I finally had a chance to deal with these little buggers and decided to halve the "hearts" before breading for the recipe my mom gave me. I had given all of it a cursory few rinses when I received the bag of organs, but there still was this weird gritty stuff on the outside if some. I decided to give each piece a good clean hands on rinse before starting cooking. Well, I went to rinse some water into one...
This was me with my last pg!I am so with you on not wanting the doppler this time around. I would almost rather do one quick us than repeated doppler exposure. My hub and dd reeeeaaaallly want to know the sex this time, and I'm torn on doing it--I'm not convinced it's safe or necessary. I feel like I already "know" it's a girl, but if I'm wrong, I might feel disappointed? I know that sounds harsh, and I would love another son for sure, I just really want another dd, and...