or Connect

Posts by craft_media_hero

See, my dd was fighting me on everything and super resistant and argumentative--didnt want to do any work, it was such a struggle to just cover math and writing/spelling; it just was super frustrating for me! Prior to that, she had been willing and hs was fun, but I think just with her stage of development, she really needs to push away from me and be independent for a while. The amount of hs was about what she'll be doing for homework next year! If sh wants to come back...
I agree about grains being a PITA and not always worth the effort! And way pricy if you buy the premade sprouted stuff, though I wish we had yummy sprouted tortillas at our hfs. We have the ezekiel ones, and I just dont care for their texture. I made soaked tortillas a week back to go w pork carnitas that were soooo yummy, but big meals like that I dont prepare often--only if the whole fam is available to help, one makes salsa and guac, one rolls tortillas, one shreds to...
I scored a free bag of chicken hearts and livers today (12 each!). Now what? Dh is very skeptical. I need tasty recipes/ideas where they are not giant whole organs (a chicken heart is bigger than I thought!) and LOOK like hearts and livers. Like hidden hearts/livers! I'm not opposed to splitting them up into hearts in one recipe and livers in another or grinding them--should I just grind it all up and sneak into rice or ground beef or gravy? It must taste good! Rinsing...
I didnt do the raw yolk for baby fod, tho I do make a point to serve them quite runny for breakfast. I mean tto make mayo and caesar dressing all the time, but I want an egg that is so fresh its stillwarm for that! And we dont have our own hens, so tho our eggs are pastured, I have no way of knowing how long they are in the little fridge before we buy thm from the farmer, kwim? If we had hennies then I'd do raw eggs, though!
Well....that's the milk we have so if they want it or it is incidentally in another food, I give it to them! if we have almond milk, I will offer that first, but thats not often the case, and they usually want MILK. IDK, I have briefly thought about it like you, too, but....it's our food! We give our guests our best! If my child were in the home of a family from another culture, I would expect them to serve whatever they normally eat and would not gasp over her consuming...
How I meal plan lately (it has changed and will continue to do so, I'm sure): I start with what we have in the freezer and pantry, doing dinners first. First thing I plan is a crock pot meal--roast chicken, pork shoulder, or beef roast, with veggies. Then I have something easy to cook and one dinner down. That r ecycles into "taco" type salad the next day for lunch and soup the next night for dinner. If chicken, then bones go back in the crockpot for bone broth. 2 dinners...
Haha! Thanks for replying! I love big families, but #3 will be our last as dh is definitely set on no more after this We are coming out in July to visit famil and check out the scene--it'smy understanding there are a lot of ap type play groups and such, seems like a really nice community and place to raise kids!
Crap I just checked and the tilapia I bought say farm raised product of China I am usually soooo good about checking labels and never buy product of china fish, grrr. Wonder what I was thinking that day at the groc store? Sigh. Oh whell. I have been craving smoked salmon so much lately! Think I'm gonna just source it on Amazon coz the stuff at the store I checked out was wicked expensive and had some additives. So I just realzed that we are starting a new week and...
Tilapia is a garbage fish? why? I thought it was a good choice because it can be sustainable farmed :? I don't know, the fish issue is confusing to me. Especially now that I'm freaked over radiation due to Fukushima I pretty much have only been buying wild caught alaskan salmon. I want to buy the generic pack of "domestic shrimp" but then I worry about pollution in the Gulf from the deepwater oil spill and all that I have really been more concerned than ever for our...
Awesome! I have kind of a ridiculous amount of whey to use up and tablespoon by tablespoon in soaking grains or making lacto ferments is just not going to do it Thanks for the link!