or Connect

Posts by craft_media_hero

You can smell any cigarette in a hundred yard radius, and it inevitably leaves you heaving.
I love berries! Did my inaugural canning of the season a few days back with strawberry/rhubarb jam funny, I've only ever done canning pregnant or with a newborn, hmmm.... I'm artsy! I got my BFA in studio art (ceramics and printmaking) and art history (focus on contemporary urban non-commissioned art for social awareness/change aka "guerilla art"). Fun! I'm not working in "fine art" right now but doin a little work in the craft media--like artforms that in the past were...
Thank you mamas for the encouragement! It's good to know super poopers are normal! We do potty time and I do try to read his signals. He will pee pretty much any time on the potty, but I've only caught abt 4-5 poos in his lifetime. He usually poops when he's off on his own deeply engaged inplaying (which I'm so grateful for and dont want to interrupt his concentration so I can get stuff done, kwim?). If I let him go naked butt to try and be more aware of his signals,...
Yep, just cover with cotton or papertowel, etc. I tend to let mine go longer (like 24 hrs for salsa) if only using salt, especially if it's a bigger batch. Or I give it the starter boost with a little juice from another ferment, Bubbies, etc. When I ferment just veggies (like kraut or beets) using brine or salt only, then I let em sit a long time--just tasting every day til I like it. I hear you on the juice box thing! My kids are happy to drink water, raw milk, herbal...
Hi! I'm Jes, pregnant with my third and last. My family is dh 30, me 30, dd 9,ds almost 2 and this surprise little bean! This is my first year sahm-ing and our last year (most likely) homeschooling both of my other pregnancies brought me summer babies (Aug 12 and July 30 leos), so I am wondering what it will be like to have a winter baby-I've never had a newborn in the super cold months, my newbies could just go in a diaper/onesie! And it gets cold here (western CO US)...
MDC Username: craft_media_hero Real Name: Jes EDD: late Dec\early Jan Baby#: 3 Undecided I think/hope it's a girl! Hi, I hope I can tag along in this ddc! My edd is the beginning of Jan, but this is my 3rd, and I'm thinking "she" could come any time after the Winter Solstice Nice to be here!
Yes, see that's what I think too, but I sometimes find myself oh so slightly susceptible to the prevalent culture of fear and will question things, like hey maybe I am wack since nobody else does this!Thats why checkpoints like mdc are so great especially if one lives in a "non-crunchy" (tho I dont like the word crunchy much) area.LF Guac--I think there's a video tutorial or recipe on the gnowfglins site (that's where I got it), but my formula is 3Tb active whey or salt...
me too!We found out w/ dd, then surprise w/ ds. I am tempted to get the u/s and learn the sex this time, but also kind of want the surprise. Still undecided, I guess *shrug* It might cause me more anxiety not knowing, though!See, this is definitely our last baby. If dh was open to more, I would have more, but I know this is our last time doing this crazy dance! Ideally if we had another boy, I'd go for four and try for another sweet little senorita--- but dh is done no...
I remember hitting a similar spot 1st tri w ds, where the symptoms were subsiding and it made me kinda worry abt hcg dropping, but nope! Hopefully you're just coming out of the woods on the rougher early symptoms I'm glad to hear the news turned out tobe really good with your daughter!
Honestly, I don't think it's a food intolerance. We did the gaps diet and I watch really closely for reactions since my eldest healed from some sensitivities.i think it's his normal He is in a big growth spurt and just eats and eats and eats tho he is a slim dude. I do have a daiper sprayer, but it's the BG kind and has their classic leak-where-the-tube-connects thing happening. So I feel stressed trying to hold it in just a way so it doesnt drip everywhere. Fixing that...