or Connect

Posts by craft_media_hero

Thats what I used to do, and it used to work!I am more interested in unschooling at this point and if anyone does use a charter and unschools, please talk to me about how that works out for you!We use the charter because they fund stuff we wouldnt be able to do (like pricy horseback riding or karate lessons, buying a telescope/microscope, etc).Dd spent the week at her grandparents and was waaaay upset that I packed her school books. She called me and said she didnt want to...
Dd has been hs'd for the last 3yrs, grades 1-3. I'm not sure if it's a personality clash, somethong she's going through developmentally, or what, but this year has totally been a wash I started out with great goals but became more and more discouraged with her resistance to any sort of instruction for me and the whining/arguing that has been present every.single.day. A couple of months ago, I totally washed my hands of instructing her and since she has only been...
Nope try again later down the road!
We are going through the same thing I'm trying not to take the constant whining personally! I have to remember that my 8yo dd is going through sugar withdrawal and carb die off (tho we ateblike you, pretty reasonable whole grains and such). I have been trying not to engagecwith her too much. Dh says I should downplay it, not talk about every food choice or. Feel like I need to justify this dietary change with her. I feel like it's doubly hardbecause her oppositional...
    Yes to all that!     I had to add more foods back faster than was probably optimal just for the sake of continuing and not burning the fam out right at the beginning. What I've been doing is keeping the soups/stews/bone broth as the main foods that are always there and then making a roast beef or chicken every once in a while to eat at one meal and then send into crockpot land for the soup stuff. Now my fam has just accepted that we eat soup a lot,...
My little guy was the same, wouldnt take bottle or sippy. We did blw and would give him amtiny shot glass of watervwith meals, at first he spilled it a lot, but since a little over a year, he has handled open cups just fine. I do like pp said and dont fill it up all the way and still stick with pretty small cups (like 4 oz or less). Dh and I always marvel at how handy he is with a cup! He is 18 mo now and doesnt spill too much tho he "cooks" and likes to pour back and...
Question: how do you handle food for kids in social situations ie a sleepover at friends house, neighbor gave candy, etc.? I have been reminding myself 80/20 is great (and dd's diet has been nearly 100% primal since we went gfcf a few weeks back andpredominantly tf before that) so if she has pizza or a piece of candy, it's not going to destroy her . . . I just have this extra stress with it coz we havent yet figured out what caused her bad food reaction a while back, and...
Yes, do!We just had the lunch meat, avo, kraut combo--I did them like rollup with guac inside and then half of the rollups ginger carrots, half purple kraut and the kids devoured them! Even my neice here who eats pretty SAD didnt say anything about it but just nommed it up Good idea abt turkey burgers, I wish I wouldve thought of that last night; I got a roll of ground turkey cheap and we just cooked it all up ground and ate it mixed w cooked veggies. Next time, though!
  Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Grain-free Granola Omelet Sausage, fried apples & onions Primal Pumpkin Pancakes Scrambled eggs & veggies Grain-free Granola Omelet bone broth Home canned peaches, coconut cream, nuts raw veggies & dip flax crackers, beef pate,...
    Friday Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Breakfast Bacon, fried apples & onions Grain Free Granola Scrambled eggs & veggies Primal Pumpkin Pancakes Omelet Sausage, fried apples & onions Primal Pumpkin Pancakes Scrambled eggs & veggies Snack Cup of...