or Connect

Posts by craft_media_hero

Mmmm I like the smell! Especially if there's garlic in the broth
Okay, great suggestions! Has anyone tried those GeoSafari globes? Would that be worth the $? Or the constellation projector? I'm thinking we need an easel and desk or craft table--we do everything at the kitchen table. Is there an online supplier that anyone can recommend?
Why GAPS? Primarily for adhd and mood issues in all of us and behavior stuff and quirsky asd type symptoms in dd. Who will be on it? The whole fandamily: me, dh, dd 8yo, ds 1.5 yo, at least at home dh will go along thos he has a fast food habit and sweet tooth that he indulges at work (people always bringing sweets and pizza, etc). Dd is the real reason for doing this, and I will be doing it along with her and hopefully keeping at it strictly . . . What I'm having...
The money expires from my charter program. It seems like enough to me to get set up with general resources for a few years. We might be independently hs'ing next year, so it woud be great if the materials could work over a range of time.
I have a budget of $1600, and I'd like the materials to cover grades 3/4/5 What would you get? I am pretty set on math and writing curricula, everything else is game.
Just wanted to share-- What a difference I notice since consciously preparing a high fat/protein breakfast these last couple of weeks. My dd is less whiny and emotional, I feel more energy and patience, the baby is feeding himself more (at other meals too), and we're not crashing and melting down by 10:30. So I am a big believer now! I have noticed such a huge improvement and overall feeling of wellness in the morning that I will NOT be going back to grain and fruit...
Peony, that is so great! I think we could be so much more effective if we could work like that. I wish my boss could see a model of that working from another clinic. I would probably keep my job forever if we could do more real, face to face connection like that.As it is, I am considering going the route of pp doula and clc so I can meet moms nd serve families in their homes--that is where the support breakdown happens and we lose the most cLients. But I really really want...
Is anyone interested in an ongoing GAPS support discussion/chat thread? If there is one already, please direct me to it. We are taking the plunge . . . Slowly! And I would love so much to have some btdt or planning to get started folks to commiserate with. I have been feeling like it's really necessary for a while now, and I'm taking steps to get there, basically planning on going in reverse down the stages til we get to intro and then back out again as healing...
I hear what you all are saying about the identity shift. I was veg for a long time and didnt realize how greatly it affected my interactions with . . . Well, the world in general! I took several months to fully "come out" and not everyone had the best reactions, some folks hurt my feelings, the same people who always gave me a hard time for being veg Eatwild.org and localharvest have been great starting points for sourcing quality meat, craigslist and facebook, too. I...
Nut Thins, my friend says.