or Connect

Posts by xzaviers_mama

I don't know the reasoning, but one of my son's did that for a little while too!
Okay... so I have a 22 month old and a 3 month old who are both nursing. A couple months ago, I was having a really, really hard time. I was feeling extremely overwhelmed, crying constantly, getting panicky on a daily basis, etc. This had been going on for a few weeks before I finally made a phone call to see someone for help. That psychologist referred me to a psychiatrist, and I saw her yesterday. After talking to her, and having her question me about all sorts of...
I just came into this area of the forum for the first time, hoping to find some ways to deal with how I've been feeling. My situation couldn't be more similar... I have a 5 year old, a 20 month old and a 10 week old. I struggled after the birth of my 20 month old, and now it seems even harder this time around. Like you, I feel like my oldest catches the brunt of my frustration and lashing out... and I hate myself for it. I know EXACTLY what you mean when you said...
Quote: Originally Posted by Huck We're in the same boat, but my son is 33 months and my newborn is only 3 weeks. My son wants to nurse more frequently than his little sister. Here's what's working for us. Lots of telling stories and reading books, Dad playing with him w/ train set & cars & taking him out for hikes/outings. We do lots of really "quick nurses" of a minute or two and I count down at the end and he unlatches before "blastoff." Once he's...
Oh thank goodness... I am not alone! I just posted a question about this a few minutes ago. My little guy is almost 10 weeks old now, and we're still having a rough time.
My 20 month old is really having a hard time sharing his "booboos" with his new baby brother. Before my youngest was born almost 10 weeks ago, my toddler was only nursing twice a day. Now that he sees the baby nursing all day, it is a constant battle. I'm really having a hard time juggling the two, and I feel like my toddler is feeling pushed away. Any ideas on how to distract my toddler when he wants to nurse during the day, and the timing just isn't convenient? ...
I have a 19 month nursling, and I just gave birth 3 weeks ago. My 19 month old had really only been nursing right before bed, but now that his little brother is here, he wants to nurse a lot more often. I'm totally fine with this, because my 19 month old is only 21lbs, and his pedi thinks that now that he's getting milk again, he might start to gain a little better. I did night wean my older son to get him out of our bed when I first found out I was pregnant. That was...
Congrats mama!
Hello ladies! My name is Jaime... mama to 2 beautiful little boys, ages 5 and 15 months. We're expecting #3 in late August. This will be my first drug free birth, and I am so excited to finally have the labor/delivery I've always wanted.