or Connect

Posts by xzaviers_mama

Do you know of any co-ops that are not religion based?  I don't know why I'm having such a hard time with this... I *think* that I messaged a group on meetup.com, but never heard back.     Thanks!   Jaime
I totally agree with this.     We eventually found out that my son was  having kids go through his backpack on the bus (while it was on his back), and take his stuff.  He also felt embarrassed to ask to use the bathroom... and the cafeteria was far too much stimulation for him.  He said it was too loud, and he hated all the smells.  
My son did this last year (1st grade) as well.  He would totally refuse to go to school.  I would walk him out to the bus stop, and he would cling to me and cry.  The bus would drive away, DH would head home from work and attempt to drive him to school, where he would cry hysterically, and refuse to get out of the car.  I had a meeting with his teacher, the principal, his school counselor, etc... nothing changed.  I actually did allow the principal to come to our home...
We see Candace Aasan at Cascade Natural Medicine.  She's an ND, and totally vaccine friendly.  My family is vegan, and she has "suggested" that I feed my kids certain things that I wouldn't allow (buffalo, for one...lol), however she is NOT pushy at all.  She even makes a point to say that she doesn't want me to do anything I don't feel okay with.  (She also suggested giving my youngest son eggs, because of some behavioral issues he was having.  She thought the amino...
I had my last son at the birth center!  Did you see Heike?  I want to have this baby at home, but *might* opt to go to the birth center again.  I really, really loved their tub...lol.  
I've had lots of people recommend the spinningbabies site to me!  In all honesty, I'm not too concerned just yet.  I would feel perfectly safe delivering him breech, for the same reasons you stated... however, my midwives aren't "allowed" to attend.   So far I've just been laying around with several pillows under my hips.  I found a chiro near me who specializes in the webster technique, so I may give them a call as well.  Hopefully he'll just cooperate, and flip over...
This is my fourth baby (not including one I lost @ 17 weeks), and today was my 34 week appointment with my midwife.  Both she and her assistant thought the baby felt like he might be breech.  Neither of them felt a head down in/by my pelvis, and they both think that they feel his head, up where I thought his butt was.  However... when they listened with the fetoscope, they both heard his heartbeat the loudest down lower, where it would be if he were head...
I believe I linked her to the first one you posted... and I also linked her here: http://www.rasmussen.edu/student-life/online-community/top-reasons-for-homeschooling/, but she said that it means nothing because it's just a blog entry...haha!
Hahaha!  That picture is exactly what I felt like.     It wasn't even an argument, really.  I flat out said that homeschooling is certainly not for everyone.  I was really just trying to get her to give up this idea that every single homeschooled child is "socially awkward".  She also kept going on and on with things like, "I'm sure there are a few parents out there who are qualified to homeschool, but it is really, really difficult to do it properly." I'm not sure how...
Eh, I chose to just quit going into that thread...lol.