or Connect

Posts by xzaviers_mama

Awesome!  I found this site: http://www.studentsoftheworld.info/penpals/penpal_ads.php but it's email based penpal stuff.  DS created a little 'profile' there, and emailed 2 kids his age, but I think it's so much more exciting to get actual mail...lol.  
So, I was thinking that DS (7) might enjoy writing a few sentences on postcards, and sending them to people.  Then he could get postcards back from all different states.  We've got tons of family in AZ and MI, but that's about it.   Are there any penpal sites that would be helpful?  Or any mamas here want to try it out?
Haven't read through the replies yet... but just wanted to mention that we're just starting HS this year, and we're totally within distance to hang out!  My ds is 7.5, and would be entering 2nd grade this year.  He had a rough time with anxiety issues through K & 1st, and I think this will be a much better fit for him. I tried to join a couple of yahoo groups for HSers, but haven't heard back from them.  I'm not really sure how else to find kids for my son to meet with.
 The WHO site says:   The information you need to include on the form is your child(ren’s) name and age, parent’s name, address and indicate if qualifying to homeschool by using a supervising certificated teacher, sign and date. School districts are not legally authorized to vary the format of the Declaration of Intent or to request additional information.   It also says that we don't ever file a declaration of intent for children under 8, so that gives me plenty of time...
You have no idea how much better this reply makes me feel...lol.  I haven't given our intent to HS form to the district yet, because I thought I needed to complete the qualifying course first.  I wanted to take the live course, but it's too close to my due date, and it's in Tacoma... so I'm opting to take the online course.  DS doesn't turn 8 until January, so I'm technically okay, right?  Or, should I just file the form now, and not worry that I haven't completed the...
Thanks for the link!  I think I have a friend who is using letteroftheweek for her son as well!  
I don't know what happened, but I'm very sorry about your dd.           I am all about getting out and about to do some of our "work"!  Right now, we're trying to be outside as much as possible, since I know what's going to happen to the weather any day now...lol.    We have a large cement area on the side of our house, and all my boys love to get out there with chalk.   I'm thinking that once the weather turns, I may take DS to the bookstore or Starbucks on weekends......
That's actually one of the places I was considering putting that cupboard... I just have to decide if I can stand the table in the middle of the room.  I feel like that's where it "should" be anyway (under the light), but then it feels like it might be in the way of the doors and the entry to the kitchen.     I'm going to try it now, and see what I think.  I have got to find another table...lol.  Something about the roundness just makes me crazy.  
Okay, finally took pictures.  Here is DS's desk/workspace.       To the right is our tiny dining room table (that I don't love).       There's the little dining room as a whole.  I wish I had somewhere to put a bookshelf, or cupboard type thing, but I'm just out of wall space.       Oh... and I took a picture of this thing, because I found it on craigslist... for FREE!  I love the little dividers, and was thinking of using it was a...
daisy-  I love that easel!  I hate that I have to multipurpose every room in my home...lol.  I'd love to have my dining area still look "presentable", and have things that mesh well together, but I don't think it's going to happen during this school year.  We just moved into this house in May, so we're trying to decorate little by little.  For now, I'm enjoying my craigslist scores....