or Connect

Posts by Logan

Mama. I am following your story and hoping you can finally get a doctor who actually cares and helps in some way. From what (little) I know about vaccine induced autism it is more likely to be from the MMR (though I'm sure not always) and usually the behavioral changes happen fairly soon following the vaccine, regression, speech, autism like behaviors. Like within the first two weeks or so. But I think if the doctor has experience in clearing heavy metals from the...
Couldn't have said it better myself!    No doctor would ever recommend alcohol for braxton hicks. Or even premature labor contractions. Not even as a last resort. And as this thread is concerned, if the OP had used alcohol as a treatment method she would have had to have it at least once a day for the contractions. That's how many glasses of alcohol over the course of a pregnancy? It may settle the uterus (though I've yet to see evidence of that either) but it is...
You're kidding right? If you honestly think a lot of alcohol is safe in pregnancy then I strongly suggest you do some research on the devastating effect alcohol can have on a child for the rest of their life. I would choose the effects of cocaine addiction over alcohol any day! I would seriously like to see this study, and know who funded it. Especially since alcohol is a known carcinogen and even one drink a day can significantly increase the risk of cancer. That alone...
Yeah that is the problem I have found with multiple birth in hospitals as well. They are even worse than with singletons, so many things they do for absolutely no genuine reason. Most hospital for example, seem to make multiples spend a mandatory 24 hour in the nursery for 'observation' even if there is not a single thing wrong with them during delivery or following. Makes me so angry, all their protocols. 
Oh yeah ours is more one thing, than one toy. So more of one game at a time. Which might mean DS brings out all his cars and races them all around the room. Which is fine. He knows now that if he brings it out then it is his responsibility to tidy the mess he makes with it. Which means he can choose to just keep messes smaller or he can go crazy, it's all his choice. Tidying even a pretty big mess doesn't take that long when you only have the one thing out to sort. Its...
I know this thread is really old but I am a bit horrified at those suggesting women drink alcohol (especially hard liquor!!!) to stop contractions!!!  No amount of alcohol has been shown to be safe at ALL in pregnancy. The effects of alcohol can be absolutely devastating on a baby during pregnancy, usually much more so than heavy drugs and narcotics. The effects of which are not only mental development, but also physical development. Although most babies with FAS had...
I say if you have any debt at all, sell. If you are debt-free, donate.   I did a lot of selling over the years, but we were struggling financially as well back then (probably from buying all that JUNK we didn't need ;) lol). When I reached the end of selling things (pared down to just a few suitcases of stuff left) I was so over selling. It had drained so much of my time and life. I can say every little bit adds up fast! I easily made several hundred dollars every...
There's another option than sell them all or live in chaos. We downsized toys massively to only the special types, but I found we still ended up with massive mess every day. Even if the ONLY toy I allowed them to have was their much loved blocks, they can still make the room look like a tornado hit it easily. For us the problem was they just take things out and don't put away. We have the toys organized really well into separate baskets, but they just weren't getting put...
Some of the things I love most are special decor I love to have decorating the house. Part of minimalizing everything for me was being able to only have on display things I treasured. So I pretty much don't own anything now that I don't really love being surrounded by. I only have a few things I'd want to grab in a fire, and I would get over it if they were destroyed of course, but those are the things I would really miss. (Apart from the obvious- photos, mementos etc....
I like the underwear for several reasons:   -It's so trim, would you rather wear regular underwear or a massive folded towel between your legs? lol   - Easy to see when they are wet to change right away   -Easy on/off for taking them to the toilet- In winter I could just pull the pants and underwear off all in one sweep. In summer I just let them wear only underwear at home.   -It's breathable, PUL is not. It's sooo clammy and uncomfortable....