or Connect

Posts by Logan

Is your mom's house closer to the hospital than your own? You could also consider renting a place (like a holiday stay home) or a hotel that was very close to the hospital as well.   If you were to get a midwife would that be enough to put his mind at ease regarding the distance? I think (but am certainly no expert) that by hiring a midwife your husband's nursing position would be more protected as the midwife would be the one with the responsibility for the birth....
Ooooh, not long now mama! How exciting. Have a wonderful birth 
Is there any way to put the one who needs nursing down first, and have the others up, playing with dad or something? Once he is asleep, lay the other two on either side of you on the bed and rock/pat their backs as they go to sleep. I think there is a way to be firm about it being time to sleep while still be totally loving, gentle and attached to them. They don't need two hands on them, they just need a mama who is there nearby and loving them. I don't feel you need to...
I wouldn't worry about it too much. He offered induction, you said no. Just stand your ground. And maybe delay the next appointment. I wouldn't wait til you miss it then lie, I would call now and say, I can't get in til X day (5 days from when they said or something) and i need to reschedule. Just say serious family commitments or something similar have come up and there is no way you can get in until then. With any luck by the appointment day you will have already gone...
I have heard of women negotiating with the midwife for a cheaper rate. Things like less appointments in pregnancy and less follow up visits following the birth (parents take the baby to the regular doctor for check-ups etc instead). So maybe something like that is an option. Also some midwife will barter or let you pay it off slowly.   But if you truly prefer a UC then I would just go with a regular doula for support (if you want support) and not a midwife acting as...
You will find a midwife will actually talk to you about everything you mentioned in your OP. She will find out exactly what is the status of any medical conditions etc. And then she will assess your ability to have a safe homebirth based on those. OB's just have a chart with things ticked of. Asthma: yes. I am not sure what your OB was like, but to a lot of them, you are just a chart, just a number, just a medical condition. There is no variation or personalization....
I don't think you are crazy at all. I am exactly the same. Apart from my kids, I don't want anyone there at all. I find it messes with my birthing really badly. Maybe if I had an amazing mom, sister, etc who were incredible support to me, I would feel different and want them there. But there is nobody in my life I would be 100% comfortable having there. I prefer to be on my own. I labored alone last time til the last 15 minutes (midwife came, had to call for other...
I did! I scanned them all first in case I wanted to have/see them again. Then I kept all the very best ones, the ones I would actually miss if they were to be destroyed. I scanned everything, even the ones I was keeping just in case something were to happen to the originals as well.   DTmamal- I backed everything up on a hard drive, and organize them on the hard drive into folders by year and then month, so I can easily find things. Might work for yours too. 
Is the structured wrap the one with the square and then ties coming out of each corner? Like a mei tie (spelling also wrong LOL) kind of thing?
Yeah those are the ones I saw, just wondering if there were any other types or easier ways?