or Connect

Posts by Logan

Quote: Originally Posted by Close2Me Currently in year #10 with no Microwave! Just using my cooking skills to reheat in stainless steel cookware. It does have a 'freak-out' factor when I tell folks!! God, you should have seen how people reacted to my choice to go fridgeless for a few years!! They couldnt imagine how they could live without it so they just couldnt wrap their heads around anyone else doing so. I have a tiny bar fridge at the...
Quote: Originally Posted by MsBlack Logan-- Remember that I am only one poster, posting into a group discussion--you are not hearing ALL of my thoughts, just the parts I think weren't said yet. I just know that FOR ME, I'd not be able to fully relax and let labor flow unless I did have some backup plans for my kids and other contingencies (such as simply knowing which hospital I'd go to, if things did not go right enough, though I UPed without any...
Quote: Originally Posted by slingmama4 Why are we scared for our children to see us in pain? Maybe I'm partial because I was a single mother and being so became tough. I handled whatever needed to be handled. However, along with our children seeing us in pain in labor comes the birth and the joy and the happiness that follows. The reassurance that everything will be ok. All of these things are what children get out of birth, not just fear. So to me,...
Quote: Originally Posted by MsBlack There's just no way that I would UC with only a toddler on hand. I did not want them to be obligated to be there if they didn't want to be for any reason. Besides--no offense, but IMO you are not really taking him much into account as a little person who is completely dependent upon your help to do much. It's not like he can just go out the door and look up some friends, or fry himself some eggs. I get it that you...
The washcloths idea is great- I watched an Ina May Gaskin vid once where they used hot oil the whole time- same concept I guess. Im in Australia But we are lucky to have a free homebirth midwifery program so finances arent a concern about the midwife coming.
Thanks so much for your support My son and I have gone over the birth process since the beginning. He just randomly goes into labour nowdays Like in food courts and such LOL But its so cute. He seems to understand the process pretty well for a 2 year old. We have watched birth as much as possible on movies/tv etc, I didnt think of Youtube though, thats a great idea. I love the animal aspect too, I truly believe birth is such a primal act, which drives me in...
Thanks, I do know what I want, I was just trying to explain where I was coming from so people could get a better idea. I think what I do want, Ideally!, is to give birth myself with nobody there except me and my son. However the reality is that... ...something may go wrong and I wont even realize, or be able to help myself OR ...my son may be terrified, though I dont think so knowing his character, but he's never seen me in pain like that to know how he'll react. I...
I ditched mine years ago when I learned how dangerous they are. Apparently if you put water in it and turn it on, then use that water on plants, it can actually kill them. I have only needed one once in all these years (to heat my wheat bag for my son's birth- my mom brought hers over for that). You really dont need one- you just *think* you do. I heat leftovers all the time, there's an easy way to reheat anything, but depends what the leftovers are of course how the best...
I was adamant about dressing DS in all colours. Why shouldnt boys be allowed to love pink? Its just a shade of red really. We had lots of clothes for either gender when he was born so I had some real girly outfits in the mix. The funniest part was times I took him out in really boyish clothes people would say "Isnt she beautiful". Then I would take him out in the most girly outfit imaginable and they would say "Isnt he handsome". People have no clue when it comes to a...
Hi All, This is my second baby, first DS was a homebirth, no complications etc. Im planning a large family and have been thinking a freebirth is what I would do around number 3 or 4 after a few successful problem free homebirths are under my belt But I feel like I am just being led there this time. Last time I had my mom, stepmom and friend (who Im no longer close to) at the birth as well as my midwife and back up midwife. This time my mom has asked to come so I have...