or Connect

Posts by Logan

Sebastian is pretty common here. Lots of Seb's and even Sebby for nicknames. 
Can I be a total dork and say I also LOVE the names of the Tinkerbell movie fairies- Iridessa, Videa, Rosetta, Silvermist and Fawn haha. But would never use them. :)
Danger is so cute for a girl!
I love naming my kids very unique/rare names. If I have heard, known, or seen anyone with a name that immediately puts me off. I only use names I have never ever seen anywhere before. I just can't bring myself to use the common names even though there are a few really cute old-fashioned ones I like, I like rare ones way more. I also give several middle names so they have some options if they don't like the first name. The middle names are always pretty rare too, but ones...
Paigekitten- You can find it quite easily online. I just started looking the other day (I'm in Australia) and found quite a few sites just from a google search of organic cotton fabric. Definitely enough range to keep me busy for a while. So I'm sure there's a much huger range of fabric choices and online stores in the US that sell organic.    I just got a mini sewing machine (my first) about 2 weeks ago and now I wish I had gone for a really good model as I didn't...
Hi Green momma, I don't think you have to be into the stark empty rooms thing to be minimalist :) I am definitely not. I think if it works for you then great but I like things to be a bit more welcoming. I love nursery type decor so we kind of have a theme for every room (or will when we finally get to our new home and unpack everything again ;)) and my house is very kid-centred. But it's not cluttered and apart from selected special decor items we only have things we...
  I don't agree. As I said previously, 'half-caste' is an extremely loaded racial term in Australia and you can say it with as much love as you want, it's still offensive. Which is why I posted in the first place because it makes me uncomfortable to use racist terms to describe my own children. I don't think it is being nit-picky or overly PC to choose your words with respect for everyone around you and not use outdated and ugly terms to describe human beings.   
Zoebird don't worry- you're a great mama! :) Just pick and choose what works for you and leave the rest.   We haven't had playdough for the last 8 or 9 months because it gets left out and dries in one day if I am not really on top of it. And we have had way too much going on (moving overseas, international trips, amongst other things) for me to be on top of anything much. I feel like a bad mama for never getting around to making it again too even though I know they...
I don't know, you're her mom so you know her best. But I honestly think kids are a lot more adaptable than we think sometimes. I have a daughter who is very shy around anyone except her immediate family. To the point that she will stare and give anyone else (including grandma, etc ) dirty looks and refuse to go anywhere near them. We went to Africa for a month and because she is completely a home girl who loves being in her own place I was worried how she would go out of...
Judging by your post count it looks to me like you just joined specifically to berate this woman- I would be very surprised if you are actually an SMC. But just in case you are, remember those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. SMC's have enough to contend with, without turning on each other as well. Remember that society is making 'ethical judgments' about you as well and there is a massive proportion of them who also think you and your family is morally wrong. If...