or Connect

Posts by Logan

ah okay never thought of that. I guess we are barefoot a lot and only wear shoes going out, park, shops etc. But I can see how older kids would be in them a lot more. All our shoes are soft/flexible types so they aren't really stuck/moulded into a certain position by the actually foot so much.
Why is it bad for foot health? I only have littler ones at the moment so I guess they don't really sweat much or anything. Just curious :).....
Pax, love those birds cushions! 
That's a great idea, I never thought of doing it seasonally. The weather can be so variable so each size needs play shoes -for us Dawgs (Crocs but comfier/softer)- then going out shoes, gumboots, and sneakers or closed shoes of some kind. I also have a weakness for cute traditional sandals so I usually have one pair of those in each size. I had thought of getting 2 of these DVD racks I saw at Ikea as they are very tall and take up almost no floor space and you can fit...
Sorry I meant the ones in use ;) The ones out of use are in storage boxes at the moment. Just finding that storing the ones in their size takes up a lot of floor space when there are multiple kids.
In that case I don't think you need to pare down any further, sounds like you already have the most minimal amount you can have 
Don't feel bad- it took me 2 YEARS to realize that I was putting polyester diapers on my babies. I started with organic then started using a lot of pockets (BG and Bluberries etc). Then I tried everything under the sun. It wasn't til my daughter started having rash issues at a few months old that I realized that I was essentially using plastic against her most delicate areas. I always found the stay dry fabrics to be very clammy and not stay dry at all. And when my son...
I don't know how much room you have, but I have these white stackable mesh bins that sound perfect for what you are looking for. I'm not sure where you could find them in the US, I just got them from the hardware store here, and they were super cheap. They actually look quite nice too considering. You could stick a label on each so she knows what goes where and she can just shove it in or fold it neatly if she can hehe :).   They are pretty much like these ones...
If you have a large family what do you do with the kids shoes? Looking for some clever ideas.   I don't have a big family...yet :) But I hope to, so we have already subscribed to the family closet thing and are keeping all the hand-me-down shoes so there are quite a lot. Even with the minimal amount in each size you still need several different types for each child. Have tried a lot of things, my favorite so far is probably just to have a nice basket for each size...
I think the PP mean that you need to decide how many outfits you will need between washing and get it down to that. Ideally it would be great if everything is interchangeable, but if not then just take certain things which can match with one another. PJ's are fine but if you want to go more minimal then I would do away with them. Think about it like this, if you are camping and everything else ends up wet and dirty you can't exactly re-purpose the PJ's and have her wear...