or Connect

Posts by Logan

Yeah I find my house still looks way messy once the kids are done with it :) But once I actually try to clean up I'm always shocked by how quick it is now to pick everything up. I even manage to vacuum most days now which is big achievement for me :P   Minimum you could always get a caravan (like one of those small ones attached to a car) instead and make it really homey. Then she could have her home wherever she goes! :) Or just keep a home base and travel when you...
Minimum, I'm also thinking of becoming semi-nomadic.  Like have only a suitcase or so each and spend 3 months (the shortest leases you can get here) here and then move on to a new place for 3 months. The seasons drive me crazy so I am thinking of spending the cold parts of the year where there is snow, then summer in tropical paradise hehe and just move with the seasons. I hate my home city so I'm hoping to find some places around the country I can really say I...
Don't you love that feeling though, when you use something to death and then buy a new pair when you actually need to? I love that feeling of not consuming in excess and getting things that will be really well used :) 
Can you find a midwife who is willing to let you pay off the birth in regular payments after it? Once your DH is working in his new job maybe. I have heard of midwives doing that often. Or you could start putting away a small amount each week, whatever you can afford. Even $5 a week, it's not much but you could have a couple of hundred extra dollars by the time the baby comes. Every little bit helps!    I have to strongly disagree with going for a hospital birth if...
Well hopefully she worked out what she needs to do and that she has rights. I can't imagine being so beaten down emotionally that I would ever consent to something like that. Like PP have said there may be more to the story, but hope it gets worked out in a way which is best for the kids involved!
So sorry to hear that mama- take care of yourself. I didn't want to say anything before, but my first sign (before miscarrying) that something was off was the bizarre way the HcG and tests manifested in the beginning so I was a little worried about how long the HcG had taken for your tests to show as well. I hope you get another positive very soon :)
Any updates OP???
I never packed a hospital bag for either of my homebirths. I tried, but every time I got started everything I needed to pack was things that would be needed soon after the birth and I didnt want support people scrambling around to find them. My line of thinking was that if it is that much of an emergency it is not going to matter whether I had my PJ's etc. And if the transfer is non-emergent I can quickly gather those things up that I may need. 
The sad thing is that lady's birth may lead to them having policies on mandatory C-sections for still births to cover themselves from any liability.....
I don't think it's reasonable to compare survival rates amongst UC'ed first world babies and UC'ed third world babies. You are then bringing in all the issues of extreme poverty, poor hygiene and health and often a lot of starvation and lack of resources- amongst all the other issues that enter into it. There was a program in Africa where they found that giving women a very simple sterile 'birth kit' drastically improved outcomes for mothers and babies even though they...