or Connect

Posts by Elyssia

you know they DO sell belts w/ an LED screen on the front that you can put a rotating message on i have seen them advertised - i think in that catalog you get off the airplane i don't know what mine would say i'm such a smart ass mine would say like "don't get too close! it's contagious!" "look out, he might bite!" "he's still so much cuter that your kid" i like the one, if you have to stare, at least smile how about one that just says "don't even ask,...
Thomas (infantile spasms) HAS seen regularly in the past -geneticist -gastroenterologist -metabolic geneticist now we just see -neurologist, down to every 6 mos -cranio-sacral therapy 1X a week (the reason he has had no seizures for 7 mos., down from 50-100 a day) -hippotherapy/OT 1X a week -homeopath 1X a month -speech 1X a week, starting soon i freakin hope, been having a hard time getting it at school, he just started 2 weeks ago, speech and OT he has...
hugs to you momma i hope you will keep us updated, i will be following this thread my son's seizures started at 14 mos. they worked up to 50-100 seizures a day and he was finally diagnosed w/ infantile spasms but we thought it was myoclonic seizures for a long time i have logged hours and hours and hours upon hours of research on seizures and genetic disorders and we have been through more testing than i even want to remember --this was difficult for me b/c i am...
i'm elyssia, haven't posted on this board for a long time my twins will be 4 in april one of them is "normal" and one is doing his own thing normal pregnancy, birth (altho thomas was MUCH larger at birth) breastfeeding was great hit all his milestones but started kind of w/drawing at about a year old started having seizures at 14 mos. old lost his speech and a lot of motor skills we've been through a lot, to say it as briefly as possible right now he has been...
maybe this is a little too simple but could they just be thirsty? i know it is cold and VERY dry where i am are they drinking plenty of water during the day? and do you have a bottle or cup of water standing by during the night? my kids are waking up for water during the night b/c it is so dry here my twins aren't nursing anymore but WOW i remember it - their next oldest sister was nursing along w/ them for the first 14 mos. sometimes my skin would just crawl, i...
i am glad you are here seeking support and comfort i think these ladies have said it all but your story really touched me and i just wanted to say so i do not think you are a hypocrite and a whiner or a weakling it sounds like you went through hell and high water w/ that induction and labor if it were me, i would want some kind of acknowledgement/closure w/ the midwives. i know that i felt extremely close to my midwife through all my pregnancies and i would be...
this is the story i tell and retell about my second daughter's birth i felt through the whole pregnancy that i was going to have a very fast labor, studied up on what to do if my mw didn't make it as she was coming from out of town my daughter was born 10 days early the night before my husband and i went out to eat we got home and we were just both exhausted but i looked around the apt. and it was a mess and i asked him if we could just spend a little time cleaning...
[I'm worried about suddenly hating my home during labor and wanting to be somewhere else! Probably a strange fear to have of homebirth. you will NEVER hate your home as much as you will hate a hospital and all the interference and traffic and BS (at least that is guess, probably somebody who has had both hospital and homebirths should chime in on that score) during all of my births, i found myself blissfully removed from worrying about the house b/c i was not on...
huh, i tried to respond to this earlier and it didn't show up i apologize in advance if there is a mysterious double message from me later my suggestion was that perhaps your MW would be willing to hold a sort of mini-seminar for your loved ones if it is really bothering you that they are worried i didn't have this issue but i know that my MW has made herself available for this before and i know that a lot of people are reassured when they actually meet a midwife...
all 4 of mine born at home as somebody else said, i was also a single mom thru out the first pregnancy and birth and my homebirth, i feel, HUGELY contributed to my confidence as a new mom to this day i still draw heavily on my birth experiences when i need strength i don't even know how many times i have told myself - if you can make it through 22 hours of labor you can . . . . . . . whatever it is it has been from making it 5 more minutes on the bike to, most...