or Connect

Posts by Just Elsa

While I understand you wanting to control what a toddler watches, unfortunately it's not realistic in that environment. They have to cater to too wide a range of ages and shows that are rated Y-7 are roughly equivalent to G these days. G ain't what it used to be. I certainly think anything rated higher than that is dubious, but you probably have to be prepared to either accept SpongeBob (shudder) or find her other care while you work out. That sort of set up is not...
Quote: Originally Posted by 4inMyHeart3inArms how does doing something with the intention to hurt a child (spanking) compare to doing something with the intention to protect a child (not vaccinating)? Because in both cases the parent truly believes they are doing what is in their child's best interests in the long run even though other people think they are abusive and nuts. Do you seriously think the people who spank go, "oh, this is bad for my...
NO! Of course not! Nonononononono! Do not sponsor his visa, co-sign his loans or rent him an apartment! You are divorcing this man for a reason. You want fewer ties, not more. This is NOT your responsibility and it's inappropriate for him to ask it. If staying in country was that important to him he'd have done it properly in the first place.
One food at a time until they think they are ready to use nice manners and respect the food.
Quote: Originally Posted by desperatemommytobe Thank you everyone so much. I guess I was feeling like a failure because I thought being a mom I wasn't supposed to feel or act that way anymore. I thought I was supposed to be corageous for my son. Yeah, well, some of us don't get the Perfect shot before we leave the hospital with our babies. You can feel free to join me in the Flawed Human Mama corner anytime you want. About the best I can say...
I'm sure I'm not the only one who struggles with this but I feel like a real jerk. A friend is pregnant with her fourth. I love her, she's a great mom and has amazing children who I adore and she shares unstintingly. She's exactly who you want having babies and the whole world is a better place for it. But I'm so jealous. She's actually in a health situation where being pregnant right now is not ideal- it would have been better next year. Meanwhile, I'm feeling like a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Roar Treat the symptoms he's got and don't worry about the diagnosis. If he isn't seeing a psychologist for therapy start there - insurance should pay under a depression diagnosis. Give him social skills help - find a group - many don't require a specific diagnosis. Integrate social goals into our homescooling. Take a look at Jed Baker's books. I will look into Jed Baker. Thanks. He's got an excellent therapist and...
Quote: Originally Posted by sparklefairy I agree with you. I also agree that single parents should protect themselves and their children by creating a situation in which child support is gravy, not a budgetary necessity. And I know that this doesn't happen overnight! It's going to take me, personally, several years. And I also know that when I approach situations from a "gratitude" perspective, I am a happier person. This doesn't mean grovelling,...
I read your post three times and have yet to find what exactly you did to "fail" your child. You didn't leave him in the bedroom. You didn't leave his life-saving medication in there. You didn't hurt him in your scramble to get away from the spider. I understand that right now you are probably too upset to think clearly about the situation, but I suspect when you do you will realize that there's nothing to feel guilty or down on yourself about. I am not trying to...
Quote: Originally Posted by 1littlebit why would they even bring up BM in their advertising? women who use formula b/c they cannot BF probably make up less then half of the FF population. wouldn't it make more sense to target people who don't feel strongly about BFing... or are already intending to FF? and if someone is choosing to FF simply b/c they don't want to BF or don't think it is better are they really going to care which formula is the most...