or Connect

Posts by girlndocs

Alice, I think your metaphor would be more accurate if it was like this: "I met a Jewish person and they said they didn't keep pet pigs! That was strange to me, seeing how loving pigs so much they won't eat them is a part of their culture and all." "Well, that's weird! What, they can keep pet dogs and cats, and even chickens, but they don't keep pet pigs? It's not like pigs would be any more trouble." Se what I mean? The problem is that the surprise is based in a...
I'm with miziki here : Either write a DP letter or go read something else. Buh bye.
I've got a treat for you. You're not going to the inlaws' tomorrow! Nope. Since DH didn't consult with you before telling them we would come pick Ds up and have dinner with them, and since you have more than enough stress as it is, this week you're going to put your foot down and decline to go. You can say you're not feeling well, which is true, and if DH knows what's good for him he'll decide he has to stay home, too, to take care of you. If the IL's can afford to...
P.P.S. It's gonna occur to you shortly after your parents get here, when they ask Ds if he had fun going out with Mommy today, why it was a REALLY STUPID idea to lie to them and tell them I was taking the kids someplace this afternoon. I mean, I know it was me who said I didn't want them coming over before you got home from work, but when are you gonna realize how much easier it is to just say "Sorry, that doesn't work for us" instead of making up involved stories?
P.S. I know I've been pretty out of it today, but this is the first time I really noticed the living room that you bustled around "cleaning" last night. I have avoided saying this for a while out of a fear that I couldn't be tactful about it, but cleaning a room does not mean picking up stray stuff. It means cleaning: picking up, tidying, sweeping, dusting, and wiping. I am glad that it took the kids .5 seconds more than usual to pitch books and toys all over this...
I think it was that same no-poo thread that mentioned Heinz white vinegar is always made from grain, as opposed to petroleum distillates.
Why yes, I think it is. Dear DH, I give you full credit for intending well, but there are some vital things you're missing here. For example, has it occurred to you that when I make dinner or lunch for Ds I think hard about what we have available in the house, review my plans for upcoming meals, and fix him a plate with a balanced, appealing meal including a fruit/vegetable or two? And when you fix him dinner or lunch ... you slap together a couple of cheese...
Weird. Maybe it depends on what products you're switching away from. Until you two I had never heard of anybody who washed with the same frequency as before and still got greasy.
The white vinegar I use is from grain. I think you're thinking of white wine vinegar. Anyways, what I was meaning is this: since the vinegar most of us buy is, I think, the filtered pasteurized stuff from the grocery store, *is* there much difference beyond the color and the smell? I'm not sure how many "properties" would be left after processing, you know? And since red wine vinegar and apple cider vinegar are both made from fruit, and both sold at a standard dilution,...
We have similar community wading pools (maybe identical). The water does recirculate. I don't know how often they empty them. We swim regularly in them. Chlorine squicks me out, period. After we swim, I make sure everybody gets a good bath to wash it off our skins. So I expect that would help with the germ issue too.