or Connect

Posts by girlndocs

Talk about control issues! Jeez. God forbid there should be two of the same superheros at a little kid's birthday party
Quote: Originally Posted by BinahYeteirah I imagine many midwives start out their training very trustful of birth and "idealistic", but by the time they finish their studies end up with a mind full of all the things that can go wrong. Yup. ABout 7 months into my pregnancy I switched from J, a fairly interventive, medical-model CNM, to D&A, a team of DEM's. J's response was to warn me that they were too green (their practice was 3 years old)....
Yeah. With Dd, I went for 4 hours at one point where I "only" dilated a centimeter Also, she was quite obviously a "big baby" (came out 9, 1) and I can just imagine the scramble to start warning me that sometimes these big babies just don't want to be born vaginally
Washing with the BS should leave your hair just like washing with shampoo -- clean, not greasy. You don't have to go through a greasy period unless you also start going way longer than usual without washing. I don't know where this "greasy period" stuff came from ...
It's lying if you lie. If you tell your kids there's a man named Santa Claus, and he comes down the chimney of every child on Christmas Eve, and the gifts they're opening were made by his elves, and he's REAL ... you're lying.
There was some stuff on one of the original no-poo threads about white vinegar containing or creating acetic acid? I think. And that it was better for housecleaning than body care for that reason. That's all I remember though. I don't sweat it personally. I've been using red wine vinegar because I heard it brought out red highlights. I'm henna-ing now and have plenty of highlights, so I'll probably switch to white vinegar. It's my least-favorite-smelling vinegar,...
If it makes your hair dry, then you're using too drying a solution of BS. (Some people's hair also gets dry with too much vinegar, but not mine.) Add honey and/or use less BS. If your scalp is greasy and your ends are dry you're using *way* too drying a solution of BS. You're overstripping your scalp, stimulating it to produce lots and lots of protective sebum, while stripping away the sebum from the ends that actually need it. It's also a pretty good bet you're...
!!
Anyone else getting responses from advertisers yet? I am, and they are concerned and/or pissed.
Thanks for the list of advertisers! I used 'em How many sane Mothering advertisers (who, it may be assumed, share Mothering's professed views to some point) will want to be associated with this kind of nutjob extremist manure? Especially since by refusing to remove it, MDC is telling its other advertisers it doesn't care whether their potential customers can trust the quality of ads here anymore? Effectively failing to deliver the target audience they...