or Connect

Posts by girlndocs

Home. Home. Home. Home is safest. Home is most comfortable. Home is the easiest place for my labor to progress. Home is the best place for facilitating breastfeeding. Homebirth protects me from getting my perineum sliced open. Homebirth protects me from continuous fetal monitoring. Homebirth protects me from crankly nurses, or disrespectful residents, or doctors who secretly hate women and women's bodies. Homebirth protects my baby from being...
Quote: Originally Posted by Evan&Anna's_Mom I think the best course for everyone would be for your DH to visit his doctor and get some of the new medications to help him quit immiately. That would be great ... if we had health insurance. I remember he tried Wellbutrin once years ago, and it made him super hyper, completely obnoxious. I don't know what the "new" medications are, nor how well they work, nor what their risks are ... all moot...
Probably highly sweetened (with high fructose corn syrup, of course), artificially thickened, artificially flavored, full of additives, preservatives and fillers yogurt.
Quote: Originally Posted by OtherMother'n'Madre All hyenas are hermaphrodites. Might have already been covered, but this is untrue. The spotted hyena female has an extremely long vaginal passage that projects like a phallus. But they aren't hermaphrodites; it's just that the males & females look awfully alike, especially if you're not used to looking at, well, hyena uglies ...
Yes. You notice the saying is not "Behind every great achiever, there is someone supportive and loving." What might Edison's mother have done, herself? We'll never know, because her only option was to stay in the background and support her male offspring in his achievements.
I was thinking more in terms of the fabric ripping. I forget the math now, but I remember reading that in a car accident the force of the baby being flung forward would be something like 4 thousand pounds. I would assume that in a plane, which is faster, the force would be higher. I dunno, why WAS this thread resurrected? I didn't even notice.
Quote: Originally Posted by hotmom She signed on as a FOSTER PARENT. She was offered different children and reviewed their cases and decided to foster these babies that were known to be available for adoption very soon. I know zero about adoption but I wanted to note that many, many parents don't feel like they have it in them to foster and fall in love with children who still *might* be removed from them. And that this is a perfectly valid...
Well, there are pediatricians who circ and vax their babies, too, you know? NOT that I am comparing the two. So nobody jump on me over that. I'm saying that your being a pilot, and choosing not to use an infant seat, is not an adequate assurance of the safety of that practice for me.
Quote: Originally Posted by joyfulhands but I heard to go black it's a good idea to go professional--otherwise it looks dull and webby. http://www.hennaforhair.com/mixes/ixchel/
Too much ACV makes my hair flat and limp. Also, greasy scalp but dry hair is a classic sign of a too-harsh cleanser -- because you overstrip your scalp, causing it to step up sebum production. The honey recipes work very well for some hair types, but whenever I use honey by itself, I end up with terribly overconditioned hair -- limp and tangly. I have to combine it with some kind of protein, like an egg or some plain nonfat yogurt. Remember never to let honey (or egg)...