or Connect

Posts by girlndocs

Wow, that *would* be scary! Shannon is right, actual breaking-the-skin bites are nothing to sneeze at. My gentle, sweet, shy Laurel kitty freaked out once while I was trying to put her in a carrier (apparenlty she's claustrophobic) and bit me deeply on the hand, and I ended up at the ER a couple days later with my hand all swollen up and a great case of pasturella. Fun Good luck!
When you say "bite" do you mean the cat breaks the skin? Cat bites are nasty. If it was *real* biting, breaking the skin, I would be concerned, especially if it was repetitive. I don't think that's normal. But the PP are right -- cats do tussle, and they use claws and mouths when they tussle. I strongly feel that just as with a dog, if your cat's behavior is a problem then it's your responsibility to train the animal. I've taught several of my cats not to be rough....
Um, *I* wouldn't let my Dh "have a voice" to do something I think is dangerous. He doesn't "get a voice" to smoke around the kids, he doesn't "get a voice" to speed with us in the car (he wouldn't anyway but YK), he doesn't "get a voice" to smack the kids. And he sure wouldn't "get a voice" to unilaterally decide to spray TOXIC CRAP all over the yard we all share. : Especially if there is ZERO risk to just not doing it for a little bit and hearing his wife's...
Just popping into add that I had that slight crampiness too, when I was pg with dd. I felt kind of PMSy. Since I had an early miscarriage before that pregnancy, I was fairly paranoid of anything menstrual-y feeling but it turned out to be fine.
Quote: Originally Posted by Clarity Another issue is that many unknown stillbirths are called cord accident for lack if a better explanation. Some parents feel better to have an explanation, some doctors feel it might protect them from liability. But it is sort of a catch-all description for deaths that might be a variety of causes. I was going to say that. I wonder in how many of these deaths the cord wrapping around the neck, or having a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm Bride I do know a woman who didn't have one, and tore all the way to her anus. So, I'm not sure they're completely unnecessary...but they should certainly be an emergency procedure of last resort - not even slightly routine! The thing is, it looks like how women push and in what position they push has a lot to do with whether or not they tear. I wonder what position your friend was pushing in and whether...
Can I just : Klothos' :? :LOL
Heh. My mom did a lot of things wrong, but one thing she did right was somehow not have heart attacks as I climbed every tree I saw Her perennial favorite thing to yell? "Watch where you put your hands and feet!"
Quote: Originally Posted by streetkitty "My candidate experienced many firsts," Wallin wrote. "How to change diapers, make bottles, cook, clean, wash clothes, host sleepovers, prom dress, graduation dress, sit through hundreds of concerts, ballgames and school conferences. … Yeah, 'cause women parents never experience any of those firsts. Oh, wait, they do ... they're expected to. It's not big deal when they do it. Even as single parents.
I've been following this thread and maybe I was naive, but I'm really shocked that anyone would think 28 hours a week -- 4 hours a day -- of being exposed to merciless commercial targeting is perfectly harmless for small children. And it doesn't matter if it's PBS or videos. PBS has endorsements and commercial tie-ins now, and the vast majority of kids' videos are carefully engineered marketing ploys disguised as entertainment. And corporations wouldn't spend...