or Connect

Posts by Beene

I am looking for a good first walking shoe for DS. He is only 10m old (has been walking for a month), and I know it's winter (now he has boots for outside and slippers indoors), but I want to be prepared for spring. They should be flexible (he doesn't do well in bulky shoes), but substantially warm. Any suggestions? When I worked with kids years before I had DS, I seem to remember mothers were all into these shoes where the sole comes out and the bottom is clear so that...
Maybe I am overreacting, but I really have a problem with this african safari toy. I hate that two lily white people are being chaffeured through Africa by a black man while what? destroying the animals' natural habitat? http://www.nubiusorganics.com/ImagiP...set-P1774.aspx who makes this garbage? What next? A plantation with slaves?
Quote: Originally Posted by MeepyCat I've had scabies, and I've gotta say, it doesn't sound like you have them. For one, scabies itch like the devil - the itching was so bad I couldn't keep from scratching, so bad I couldn't sleep. It is totally possible to get them from sheets, although I would hope that a B&B would be washing the linens between guests so that this would not be an issue. I don't know what you have, mama, but it really does not...
Quote: Originally Posted by Panserbjørne it's not an STD and you don't need to have been sexually active to catch it. You don't even *need* contact. Yes, homeopathy excels here, but I'd want to see someone. Two remedies to look at are sulphur and psorinum. It isn't exclusively an STD, but is most often spread by bed sharing and close contact. The mites can't survive too long off the body, so people rarely get it from the environment. Yes,...
Quote: Originally Posted by jessaroo I have had scabies. They usually get in between your fingers because it is warm and moist. Mine were small bumps- smaller than a bug bite and if you looked close you could see the bugger in the bump ( gross I know). I used neem oil to kick 'em to the curb and it worked. Thanks! So far only on my lower stomach/hip. Maybe they don't like my fingers because tey're so cold and dry these days...Just went out and...
I was eating some (we are dairy free due to a sensitivity) of this stuff: http://www.soydelicious.com/products...t_Reviews.html and he hijacked it and went nuts for it. I don't eat it too often, and I want to keep him away from the sugar, so he won't always have it, but can he have it sometimes?
Quote: Originally Posted by treegardner My sister had scabies. Hers kind of moved in an S shape, not a line. It was pretty hard to get rid of. She had to wash all her bedding, clothes she had worn, her carpeting, etc. She got a cream from her doctor. I just can't think of how I would have gotten it. I only spend time with DH and DS and it seems like it's almost impossible to get it from sheets...
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenGranolaMama My DH is a teacher and got it when the school year began... it kind of circulated around his classroom. He had what looked like a rash/ severely irritated skin on his back and forearms. DH went to the doctors and had it checked out and it was scabies (and then the next day found out from the school nurse that half of his classroom had it too!) He got a medicated cream and had to put it on overnight....
Quote: Originally Posted by Bea You probably got the bites at the B&B (If it is bed bugs) and according to the Wiki info. it can take up to 9 days for the marks to appear and not everyone is allergic to the bites. Others at the B&B with you, wouldn't necessarily get the itchy marks. Oh man.....I hope no bed bugs traveled with me in our suitcase. Ewwww. I hope it's not bed bugs.....
Quote: Originally Posted by Bea Your bites sound more like bed bugs than scabies, espescially the bites being in a line. WIKI BED BUGS I thought that too at first, but they're still pretty itchy after 3 nights and no new bites...If it was bed bugs, wouldn't I have new bites and wouldn't they be all over and my son as well?