or Connect

Posts by cakemama579

Ok, ok, I've done it!  I created a FB page just for talking to you MDC gals.  I've pm'd Becky on this, so hopefully she can hook me up soon and get me connected to the group. 
Lynann, thanks for sharing your cake recipe!  Always looking for a new one!   Mares, I think your travel plans sound really fun.  I always love a good wedding.  Haven't been to one in so long!  Malcolm will surely enjoy just being with you and along for the ride.  Plenty of people to watch too.     Carrie-- I would definitely take up the in-laws on their offer.  wouldn't that make life so much easier?  We had DS's first birthday party at my dad's house, and it...
Wow, your boys are so strong!  Millie is a gentle creature by nature, but she does have a tendency to pinch and also bite (esp when there is a new tooth-- she's up to 5 teeth now!).  If she bites me, and especially if she bites while nursing, I say "no Millie, no biting," and even if I don't say it in a stern way she'll start crying.  Then I start crying because I feel bad for making her cry. It's aweful!   And I'd just like to add, a big fat YAY to seeing some...
Love the thought of a party for all babies together.  what fun!!  I've been really bad about meeting other new mamas IRL with this little one-- I tried way harder with DS (4 years old now), but somehow time has escaped me in that department.  I wish I knew other 1 year old babies IRL. Would totally do that for a party.   And Becky, love the potluck idea too.  And no, favors definitely not expected.  This is just my thing.  I LOVE planning parties, making invitations,...
I'm with you, Tear, on the Portland MDC mama get together.  Jealous!  I want to meet you all too!   Carrie-- I'm on the mini pill here.  but I hate it.  That's what you're talking about, right?  Too many acronyms for me to memorize :)  CM= cervical mucous?  PPAF= postpartum aunt flo?  can't for the life of me figure out CTA though. lol!  Anyway, I feel like it is preventing me from losing the last of my baby weight.  (that, plus my general lack of exercise and LOVE...
As we round the corner of the first birthday of our beloved babies, I thought I'd start a thread where we can post any idea we have for parties.    We're doing a fairy party for Millie.  I'm soooo close to ordering her a tutu and fairy wings from etsy!  I was thinking it would be fun to put fairy dust in the party favor bags.  here's a link to the bottles I thought looked super...
Disneyworld?  JEALOUS!  Sounds like you had a fabulous time.  Did you stay in a disney hotel or somewhere else?  just curious because we were going to plan a trip there in the next couple of years, and I have researched going off and on... i'm always confused about where to stay.   what were Nora's favorite parts?  your favorites?   Becky, thanks for the story suggestion!  We just started Charlotte's Web, and when DS isn't doing crazy 4-year-old before bed...
Thanks Becky and Cat!   Here's what I ended up with:   Dr. Sears Baby Book Dr. Sears Vaccine Book nursing shawl that she registered for pumping freezer bags nursing tea   and Cat I'm def. going to do what you suggest and print the letter, give her LLL contact info, and my phone #.   Becky, I'd love to get a jar of coconut oil-- but I don't think she'd get it, lol.  I love the dropper idea though!  (as a second time mom, I'm pretty good at the old...
oh, and thanks for any and all tips!
Hi mamas.  I'm throwing a shower for my sister in law, and for my gift to her I thought I would put together a basket of essential baby items that first time moms would never know they need.  I'm looking for suggestions from you for anything that you found essential that is generally under $20 or so.  Any ideas?  here's what I have so far: (I wish I could buy an ergo for her, because that's been MY most beneficial item, but it's out of the affordability range for...