or Connect

Posts by hammieg

I did come on here to get an opinion of course....i have not once said i haven't taken on board that it is her prerogative to decline the invite and take her husband with her...i hear that and accept it and some of the other faults i might have...this is what i came on here to understand rather than having it out with them which is what some of you seem to keep thinking i have done...some of you who attack me have clearly not read all my replies as you continue down the...
In englang it's do different...it goes groom, best man, ushers so he is in the wedding party as you call it...we do not have grooms men. i think this will be my last message as some people are just pinning me against a wall now. thanks for all the helpful advice.
For the confusion i meant godchildren! i do not have kids yet! Also once and for all finally i have never tried to convince her to come, she was hurt so as a nice person i took the time to explain the reasoning, it took 45 minutes as she just didn't understand it. Some of you are right it is wrong that i should call her but then she was and still is unable to be reasoned with so that is the way it's going to be. Ok i had a choice to go along with their request or to...
Everyone for your input it has been most enlightening for me but also sad that several of you have misread the situation entirely. Firstly i did not call her for my own good, her husband asked me too as it was causing him real friction at home. So i had not hassled them one bit and spent the entire conversation telling the reasons behind the decision we had come to. Not once did i ask her what her problem was i why she didn't want to come so please stop having a pop at...
Things are non negotiable, this is one. We talked about it and cases were put forward from both sides but this was the end result, after all you make exception for one and there are 25 kids behind them wondering why they couldn't come.
I should have probably pointed out for some others that it is their house where the reception will be and they are paying for it. I did ask my parents about it and they and others were in agreement that they are giving us this "present" so they can make some rules we just sadly have to go along with it. So it's not my choice which is why I'm so confused by the reaction of one person who should be central to the day.
Thanks for all the replies everyone. I think i should be a little clearer that this wedding is in england and will be governed by several rules of etiquette. This rule is very normal; as i said at least 90% of the weddings i go to have it. The rule is also not going to be bent no matter what happens. All the other guests are ok with it and as some have mentioned are happy for the excuse to get some time out. Another guest is also in the same boat and his wife has happily...
Sorry for the intrusion to the forum as I do not have a baby myself however one of my ushers does and it is causing some extreme friction! The story is that my future-in-laws have stuck to the rules as were applied to them when they had children and also what frankly my future wife and I have encountered at 90% of the weddings we have attended. I of course would like to be flexible but the inlaws are not bending on this rule which i respect as being their right no...