or Connect

Posts by 4inMyHeart3inArms

sounds sensory to me too. if he says its too tight then to him it may be too tight. I had sensory issues when I was younger too and I hated clothes that were too tight and my mom made me wear them anyway when I just wanted to wear sweat pants (which is all I wear 90% of the time now that I'm an adult) but really having to fight against a sensory issue made life a lot harder then it had to be - behavior wise and school wise, though I was naturally gifted so its a good...
I said something to someone who was beating a child in public once (well guess what one defines as beating but it was more then a spanking, the person was hitting the child randomly while yelling at them) and I said something. I don't know how it turned out other then I wasn't the only one who noticed, more official people got involved, offer the family parenting support, and it turnd out the person hitting the child was not the parent but a grandparent. little i agree...
all my posts were most directly related to hitting. It's the ONLY thing I ever approach in person. I will join discussion online about other things though. I did understand the point of view on circ too, but that is not something that I have ever seen someone doing in a grocery store or the mall or anywhere else for that matter. But you are right, I probably would say something if I saw someone circumcising their baby in a parking lot. If its in a doctors office I'm not...
I think they are great. we dont have one. i think a screened in one a great idea. I think if you noticed they are not using safely together you can always impliment a one at a time rule, but if they use it together nicely then no need.
I cant answer that question since 1) I would not think of her as an evil, wrong, or bad person 2) would not talk to her in a loud voice 3) would not berate her maybe someone who does that can answer your question. However, I do think that when I go up to them and say "That was very hard for me to see, reminded me of being a child, and I know it must have been even harder for you. They are so tough at that age. I read this book (insert book rec here) and found it really...
That was not what I said Tiger, but I have a feeling you know what I meant. As for inserting opposition no. There disagreement in this thread lies in whether or not you should speak up or mind your own business, and I am sharing why I think I should speak up and other are opposing that idea. If someone feels opposed to what I say that is how they feel, I am not inserting it though. You also forget the person I was corresponding with told me from the get go she was not...
Quote: Originally Posted by SandraS I agree. I'm actually a little sad to think some people wouldn't say something when a child is being hit. Actually, it devastates me to think people must witness this and stand by and say nothing. Makes me want to go spend half my day at the malls so I can make up for others who just think it's okay to beat a kid. Oh, I'm sorry - hit a kid. Spank a kid. Swat a kid. "Tap" a kid. It's all the same thing, no...
Well put Lavendar. I think sometimes these ideas that seem very simple to some are too complex for some others. You have to remember that the average IQ is 100, and here are people who are both above and below that average. Naturally though, there are more people in the average and lower catagory combined, as those are 2 catagroies and above average is only 1 catagory, and also more rare to acheive and above average IQ. I bring this up because IQ measures a person's...
Quote: Originally Posted by KirstenMary You're right. I didn't. And the thing is, I agree with her. I would not, however, voice my opinion to someone who made different parenting choices than I. see this is why I am saying you and I are different. because you see it as a parenting choice when its really a voilation of human rights. and not my opinion of human rights, but the actual human rights. And why should children's human rights not be...
no it's not the same thing. you have the right to choose to take it as the same thing if yu want to feel attacked, however I am not attacking you and it is not the same thing. There are 1) people who think something is wrong and stand up for it (ex: Rosa Parks) 2) people who think something is wrong, but dont say anything there allowing the wrong doers to feel that acceptance is implied (ex:you) 3) people who are LIKE (but not the same) as people in catagory 2, who don't...