or Connect

Posts by westcoastmummy

Quote: Originally Posted by mtn.mama For us, cranio-sacral therapy has been the biggest help. If you haven't already, find a highly recommended cranio-sacral therapist. Ours did a ton of work inside Taslyn's mouth, and T started eating and drinking WITHIN ONE HOUR of the appointment. This is really interesting -- thanks! Will look into it. I don't know anything about cranio-sacral therapy. Is it similar to osteopathy?
My pediatrician thinks 11.5mnth DS has developmental delay in eating solids due to low weight (he's slipped down to 5th percentile and eats VERY little, sometimes only a tablespoon p/d and often not even that). DS is breastfed. We know he has allergies to cow, wheat, egg, and prob also sesame and blueberries. Is it possible his developmental eating problems are related to his allergies? He doesn't seem to have any other developmental problems. There seems to be a...
My pediatrician thinks 11.5mnth DS has developmental delay in eating solids due to low weight (he's slipped down to 5th percentile and eats VERY little, sometimes only a tablespoon p/d and often not even that). DS is breastfed. We know he has allergies to cow, wheat, egg, and prob also sesame and blueberries. Is it possible his developmental eating problems are related to his allergies? He doesn't seem to have any other developmental problems. There seems to be a...
Has anyone been on these drugs while breastfeeding? I've yet to ask MotherRisk (our fabulous Canadian resource) but thought I'd check with the board in any case first.
I can recommend Shaila Misri's book Pregnancy Blues, which explains how common depression in pregnancy is, evaluates the pros and cons of different treatment options, and gives lots of case studies. I was a patient of Dr Misri's and can speak for her knowledge and compassion. What I like about her approach, personally speaking, is her research on what happens to the unborn child (and later development of the child) when depression in the mother is not treated. Whatever you...
Am looking for others who are allergic to titanium dioxide. A skin test in the UK a few years ago tested positive to this (along with lots of other things, but that's another story). It's in everything -- ok not quite, but lots and lots of things, especially medicines -- and my reactions seem to be getting worse. Any resources/suggestions?
Are corn and cow's milk allergies related? Someone mentioned to me today that both contain cassein. Is this true? Thanks!
Thanks for this, which is really helpful (like all the replies -- so generous with your time and experience!). You address my worries about pumping! Is rice milk recommended for 1yr + I wonder? And is it better to give fortified rice milk? I'm looking into the leaky gut issue too. Thanks!
I'm new to this, so sorry if it sounds stupid or simple. I'm a dedicated nurser of my 11 month-old boy. He has eczema, like me, and his RAST test was positive for cow's milk, eggs and wheat. He's also reacted to eating yoghurt (mouth rash), hummus (new eczema patch) and blueberries (hives). I'm eliminating these allergens from my own diet as well as his, but at the pediatrician's advice slowly reintroducing them one by one in small quantities to what I eat to look for...
thanks...both things a possibility, but expect it's sesame. Oh dear.