or Connect

Posts by SamiPolizzi

Thanks! I was planning on just cutting off a chunk for a smoothie right after birth and then having my midwife take the rest to encapsulate, but I think I'll have her leave me a few chunks. :)
I did not know that, but now that I'm looking back, I definitely experienced it with my first.    Will placenta smoothies help? Also... is it okay to keep placenta in the fridge for 3 days?
Cabbit, I hope the rest of the time she's in town goes a little more smoothly!    Scruffy, I can totally relate to the issues with you're having with your DP. I'm at the point where I don't even tell me DP when I'm upset about something because I know I'm overreacting to things and he's either going to make a big deal about what a big deal I'm making about it OR he's going to write me off all together and just assume it's hormones so he doesn't need to take me...
That sounds absolutely awful. And so much like my mother. How long will she be staying with you?     I'm actually pretty happy that I moved 2,000 miles away from my family right after I found out I was pregnant. One of my biggest fears is that my mom will somehow show up here before I've given birth. I just wouldn't be able to handle that. She's planning a trip sometime in April, but she keeps telling me how devastated she is that she won't be here for DS's...
I make my own soap and bath products, so I'm planning on putting together a little basket of that kind of stuff for my midwife. 
Thanks. Yeah, I definitely couldn't imagine playing in snow right now. I think we're just going to be doing a lot of snuggling on the couch while watching movies and reading books and stuff. I didn't really realize how much he was missing out physical closeness with me until we were in the pool and he was SO EXCITED that I was able to hold him. I don't even let him him sit in my lap very much because he's constantly leaning against my belly and it's so uncomfortable. :/
I need to vent for a second...   I feel like I'm completely missing out on my last few weeks of only having one child. I want to give DS all my attention, but it's so hard. My pelvis is so screwed up. I can't even believe how painful it is. We just went on a trip to a waterpark hotel (I wouldn't have chosen to go at 37 weeks pregnant, but it was a group thing and we got a really good deal.) We were only there for 2 nights, but by this morning I could barely walk. I...
Yay! How awesome to get to come home from vacation and read about all these babies! Congrats everyone!
Okay, Monday we're going out of town for a couple days (not too far away or anything!) so I plan on making this all happen in the next three days. Today is shopping day and then I'll spend the weekend cleaning, organizing, making freezer meals, and bottling beer. Wish me luck! 
Oh man, that reminds me of one more thing on my to do list. I brewed a batch of beer so that I would have some good beer to drink after giving birth, but I never bottled it! I better get on that since it takes 2 weeks to condition! (Not that I think I'm going to give birth in the next two weeks, but you never know!)