or Connect

Posts by SamiPolizzi

I have a new complaint after my trip to the children's museum today. I now feel like I'm physically incapable of going on outings alone with my DS. Usually things go fine, but if he decides he doesn't want to cooperate, I'm pretty much just screwed. Today when it was time to go, he decided (not surprisingly) that he didn't want go. After spending a while trying everything I could think of to convince him to come to the car with me, I eventually had no choice but to carry...
  OMG SERIOUSLY.
What do you like/dislike about it? I'm pretty little and I'm afraid it'll be too big for me, but I don't really have a choice since my midwife is supplying it for free. I figured if I could find out ahead of time what some potential problems with it might be, maybe I could also come up with solutions. 
I use merino wool. I'm lucky enough to live in a city that has multiple yarn shops that carry a ton of great wool. Before I lived here I mostly bought yarn at craft fairs and farmer's markets. I'm so spoiled by the great here. I was actually just going to knit one hat for this baby, but after I saw all the beautiful yarn I just kept wanting to go back for more. 
I barely even understand patterns. My roommate is helping me learn. She pretty much walked me through one soaker I made, which was SUPER simple. The curly purly pattern looks pretty overwhelming to me. I'd like to try it, but my roommate is out of town for work and I'm afraid to try it without her here to help me and fix my mistakes. Maybe I'll work up the confidence to go for it anyway. If not, I'll probably make another one using the pattern I used before, but change a...
Yeah, the being tired all the time thing is really not cool. I become a mean, grumpy person when I'm tired. It's making me wonder how I'm going to handle being a mom of 2. Lately, I find myself feeling a little annoyed when DS wakes up during the night (which only happens about half the time and almost never more than once in a night.) And then I remember I'm about to have a baby. I know I'll feel a lot more like myself when I'm not pregnant, though.      Spughy, I...
It's from a book, so I'm not sure if I can share it.    I really want to try this one- http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/curly-purly-soaker-pattern but I'm a novice knitter and I'm afraid to try to tackle it. 
Can we just take a moment and whine about things we are not loving about these last few weeks of pregnancy?   My pelvis hurts SO MUCH. I can't wait to be able to just walk again without being in pain. A couple days ago it was sunny and in the 60's and I just wanted to walk around outside with my DS. But after about 3 blocks I was in so much pain I had to call it quits.    Between the pain in my pelvis/hips, the waking up with horrible heartburn, and getting out...
I don't even know if my midwife does cervical checks before labor. I'm guessing not, and if she does, I plan to decline. I don't think I want to be checked in labor either and I have a feeling my midwife will be fine with that too. I would, however, LOVE to check my cervix myself... but I can't reach it. :(
I hadn't thought about food at all, but I made sure to brew a batch of beer to be ready in time. Still needs to be bottled, though. But depending on the time of day, I may go for a mimosa instead.    As far as food goes, I have NO IDEA what I'm going to want. We are surrounded by food carts and also have a trader joe's two minutes down the street, so I may just ask my sister or a friend to pick me up whatever I end up wanting. Unless it's the middle of the night, in...