or Connect

Posts by babyjonesmama

I also just started this system in January. So far, this is how it goes. I get paid every two weeks, and the size of my paychecks vary, but they are pretty much guaranteed to be at least a certain amount. So I double that amount and that is the amount of money we have monthly. Then I subtract all of the bills that I pay online or by check. I took the difference and split it in two, since I make two paychecks per month, and that left me with x amount of money for...
I'm wondering how other people do this. I work  full time and DH stays at home with DS who is 28 months. We really don't have any structured activities that we regularly attend, and DS only has a couple of friends that he sees once in a while. He does not have any playgroups and I have had trouble getting him into any, I just can't find any. I've tried starting one but failed because I am too busy and DH is not super motivated about it. I feel guilty about this, and try...
I need advice. DS is 26 mos. He has always slept with me in bed. DH has never enjoyed cosleeping, and sadly, has been sleeping on the couch since DS was born. I am due to delivery baby girl March 27. I have been breastfeeding DS through this pregnancy until Christmas eve, he hasn't nursed since then. Overall he has been handling it OK, but last night he did have a 30 minute fit with screaming and crying, but we got through it. The last couple of months, bedtime has been...
These are hilarious! Our latest ones are "bines" for vitamins, "oof" for juice, "choc moke" for chocolate milk, "bee-da" for pizza. The best one we have is "toot bot" for shoot baskets - as in basketball.
What do people recommend? I would like to weed out some cookbooks that I never use and get a hold a few solid reliable staples. We like Moosewood but find it somewhat hit or miss. I recently checked out Nigella Express from the library and have had a lot of luck with that. Any other recommendations from people? Anything new that has come out that people like?
DS is 2, I just realized that I think he has outgrown his RF Roundabout for height, I think that his head is at the top of the seat or above and therefore I need to turn him around to FF. My next question is, how do I know how long he can stay in that car seat FF? Maybe stupid question, but I just don't know enough about it I guess. I can't really afford to buy a new seat right now to keep him RF longer.
Hi everyone. Is anyone else still nauseous/throwing up? I find that there are just so few things that I can eat, and this last week has been complicated by a dental problem that has left me in a ton of pain and therefore more prone to throwing up. In my last pregnany I was so aware of nutrition, and getting in my fruits and veggies and protein and everything, but this time all I can really try to do is get some calories every day and that's about it. I take my prenatal,...
I think that it just depends on what type of pork you're eating, and for what reasons. I have a difficult eater who really likes hot dogs, so we feed him all pork hot dogs, from local pork that is humanely and naturally raised. He loves it. I'm sure it's ridiculously high in fat and calories, but he needs that. For normal healthy adults, I think that pork chops and pork tenderloin, etc., are healthy options, I think it's probably just as health as beef, if not more so. But...
I have tried nut butters, they are kind of hit or miss with him. I really just want to know when I can actually give him nuts safely. I eat a lot of nuts, and he always acts like he wants them. I have given him a single peanut a few times and he gets really excited about that. I just want to have him eat cashews and almonds because they are so delicious, I think he'd eat it right up and I would just feel good about it because it would be so healthy for him. He just doesn't...
DS is 23 months, has always had trouble eating and gaining weight, got the whole FTT diagnosis, etc. We've been working on it and things are slowly getting better, but I think he needs more protein in his diet. He eats a lot of yogurt, cheese, and milk, but we just don't eat that much meat at our house. Maybe once or twice a week. I'd like to get in the habit of serving it at least once a day. What do people give their toddlers for meat? He loves hamburgers, but that's...