or Connect

Posts by babyjonesmama

Hi everybody! I didn't join a DDC last time but this sounds like fun! * EDD: March 21 * Name: Jennette * Age: 33 * Location: Minnesota * How long it took to you to get your BFP: First try * What number child is this for you: 2 * Family : DH Andy, and DS Jonah, 21 months * Baby's gender: Hoping for a girl, but will gladly take another boy * Names you like: Haven't gotten there yet * Birth plans/preferences: Hoping for a VBAC
I am just brand newly pregnant (5 weeks) and nursing a 21 month old. My mom keeps telling me it's so dangerous, and that I need to stop. Everyone else looks at me like I'm nuts. So thanks for this, it's really helpful - although I'm not convinced that I want to breastfeed through the whole pregnancy. I just can't imagine having the energy.
Thanks everyone for your advice. I have some thinking to do, and baby isn't due until March, so I have some time to think. I believe that VBAC would be best, and most healing for me. I do have a lot of fear, though, of repeating the trauma, the worst of which was just not being there when he was born. Hopefully things will go better this time. I've been looking into ICAN, and I do have the support of a really wonderful doula, so hopefully we'll steer things in the right...
I would like to discuss pros and cons of trying a VBAC versus scheduling another c-section. I had an extremely traumatic birth with my first child, and ended up with emergency c-section. Without going into long details, he was OP, vaccuum failed, epidural ran out, I felt them operating on me, and was put under general anesthesia. Following the surgery, I was drugged up, in severe pain for months, and really felt like I missed out on the first important few days and weeks...
I have an 18 month old who has been doing the same stuff for a couple of months - it seems like he wants to punish himself, sometimes he hits himself in the head, etc., when I tell him "no." I just give him a hug, tell him to be nice to himself, remind him that we don't hit, etc. The behavior is starting to wear off - I think it's pretty normal for this age.
Thank you everyone for your responses. In my heart I really want to continue to breastfeed. I feel that my son is healthy. I am actually a pediatric nurse and have lots of experience working with children with failure to thrive, and I just never thought I'd find myself in this situation. I discussed my case with a very dear and trusted friend, today, a pediatrician that I work with. After reviewing Jonah's growth chart, he does strongly feel that Jonah has failure to...
I am looking for a little advice here...my 18 m/o ds is a very intense nurser. He wants to nurse all the time when I am home, and we cosleep, and he nurses all night long some nights. I work close to full time (but am still home 3-4 days/week) and he stays home with dh when I go to work. When I am gone, he eats table foods pretty well, but on days when I am home he eats very little. He only gained about 8 ounces in the last 6 months, and has dropped to 10th percentile...
Help! I have a 16 month old who has not gained any weight in over 3 months. I am getting pressure from my husband and my pediatrician to start cutting down on breastfeeding in order to increase his appetite for other foods. He eats very little solid food and will not take cow's milk. I work about 32 hours a week, and I stopped pumping when he turned 1. He eats considerably better when I am not home and he is just with his dad. When I am home, he nurses very frequently and...
Yes, ironing is a pain. I pretty much only iron if we're going to a wedding.
I do want to chime in on the rotavirus vaccine. I am a pediatric nurse, and I have seen a lot of little ones require hospitalization for rotavirus. It can cause severe dehydration, require IV fluids. Starting an IV can be difficult and very painful in a dehydrated babe. Also I have seen little butts red, raw and bleeding from the relentless, nonstop liquid diarrea. So for me, this was a no-brainer. Rotavirus is very common. Not deadly in this country because we do have the...